PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with your losses?

yaizapkmmes
04-02-2018 13:07, 01:07 PM
I used to speak to my instructor, once I told himI wish him permanent profit. !
His response to me was: there's a gap on your understanding, you have to understand that losses are a part of the sport.
In order to master this game you need to learn how to accept declines with ample air.

(Before, during, after).
What can you would like to accept loss?

bomjav26
08-15-2023 23:53, 11:53 PM
@TicTocTick
Bad traders put trades and feel anxiety. Good traders put trades and feel great. Great traders put trades and feel nothing

I posted in this in my diary a few days back. Such a Fantastic quote from Tictoctick

AlastorFate is right. One of these two things is happening. You either have a border or you do not have an edge. In case you have an edge, then you are risking too much in the event that you feel you have to deal with a loss. Traders with a border that are utilizing the right sizing, simply proceed and do not think again about the trade.

bmigisg
08-16-2023 01:13, 01:13 AM
I completely evaluate every transaction. Profit or Loss. When I followed all my rules for entrance but nevertheless it was lose money then there is not anything to feel bad about. The trade was legitimate per my principles and the markets just didn't agree with my choice.

Having confidence in your system will go a long way towards assisting you to handle a transaction that moved against you. Should you let losing transactions shake that confidence then you will hesitate or even don't take another trade that may easily compensate for the losses and then some.

If you're afraid to lose, you will never win.

yaizapkmmes
08-16-2023 02:34, 02:34 AM
If you're afraid to lose, you will never win.
(I've already read this sentence in many times in many books)
I believe: Stress is something that can't be bypassed or asserted to be non existent.
But I ask how can I cope with it without affecting on my business?

alipol
08-16-2023 03:55, 03:55 AM
You cannot win a losing commerce, so only end it. Why would trading be any different from anything else in existence? Can you make every basket you shoot? Can you ch every ball thrown to you? Can you never sleep in a bad position? Never stub your toe? Never burn your hands? Never get blinded by sunlight? Never have a shoelace come undone? Etc, etc.. So, why would you be in a position to acquire every trade? This would literally mean that you can read the minds of countless traders and understand what all of them are likely to do next. Can you understand what a single stranger at the supermarket will do next? lol. But, you think you understand what all those traders can do?

You may lose. When there's a lesson to be learned from the loss, meaning YOU made a mistake, then fix it and keep pushing forward. In order to profit, a person has to be willing to pay more cash than you did. If nobody wants to pay more, you cannot force it. You may lose. Fact. But, that doesn't mean you will lose on average. Over multiple transactions, your winners may transcend your own winners. Just like everything else in life. Do not place trading into some kind of new force of character. It is people. You are individuals. If you lose at matters, so does everybody else. Do not take it private. It is only fact.

Watch if anything I wrote at this connection helps. It is always a personal battle, so all we can do is tell you that you do not have to accept dread. Only you can defeat it.
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/trading-system-and-egies/221-supertrend-profitable-forex-ind-50-2000-month.html

Gokaime
08-16-2023 05:16, 05:16 AM
It is the cost of doing business. Win some, lose weight. As long as I didn't make an error in my trading system there is absolutely no fault. Every trader takes a loss. Every trader has to learn that taking a reduction is part of business. When a loss is taken by me, I just proceed. Forex is a business. Just like any business you may have losses. If you open a standard business, state a coffee shop, you are down tens of thousands of dollars daily you open up. Think about that for a moment. You are down 20-30K or more the day you begin. You will not turn an actual, realized profit for many years maybe even never.

The business of Forex gives anyone with the desire and discipline to research and work hard to begin a Forex business for only a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. You will not begin in the hole, but you could wind up there in case you did not study up, clinic and deal with Forex with the significance of a business not a get rich quick attitude. Done correctly, Forex can help supplement your earnings, or even replace it.

-Ric

yaizapkmmes
08-16-2023 06:36, 06:36 AM
Hi riclater211 let me ask you plz:
study and work hard
You mean that which dkrock said That would literally mean you can read the minds of countless traders and know exactly what all of them are likely to do next...?
Or something else...?

Gokaime
08-16-2023 07:57, 07:57 AM
Hello allow me to ask you plz: research and work hard You imply what dkrock said That will literally mean you can read the minds of millions of traders and understand what all of them are going to do next...? or something else ...? What I mean by study and work hard is understand what it is you do. Be aware of what the indiors you would like to use mean and how they function. Get acquainted with the behaviors of the pairs you intend to trade. Know what each news statement signifies and how it may affect your trading program or egy. Learn what a money management program is, devise work and one with it. What dkrock said is hopeless, that is why he said it. He wasn't serious about read the minds of millions of traders.

As simple as possible what I'm saying is find out the Forex trade before you begin with actual money. Can you open a electrician business if you did not know how to screw in a light bulb? I think not. Edue yourself, keep studying and keep self at bay. I do so to earn money in a way I will live with. Most of us trade distinct based on what we've learned, how we manage stress and our tolerance for risk. We're all in the market for exactly the exact same reason, we just do it differently.

-Ric

anpknipove
08-16-2023 09:18, 09:18 AM
Accept them and move on to better trading opportunities.

KP

yaizapkmmes
08-16-2023 10:39, 10:39 AM
Ho can you Accept Them

anpknipove
08-16-2023 12:00, 12:00 PM
Make sure any loss you take isn't beyond what you can bear and you have sufficient trading capital to take advantage of potential trading opportunities. It is also very important to analyse what went wrong and keep improving your trading skills.

Trade safe and prosper.

KP

Ho will you Accept Them

alipol
08-16-2023 13:20, 01:20 PM
Hello riclater211 let me ask you plz: research and work hard You mean that which said That will literally mean that you can read the minds of millions of traders and know what all of them are likely to do next...? or something else ...? I had been referring to the fact that what occurs in a transaction is unknown and always will be. That doesn't mean that you can't make a profit. It just signifies the unexpected can happen at any time. It's similar to arranging a picnic for next Saturday and it rains. It's not your fault. You simply reschedule it. Tell yourself that commerce rained on me, and then prepare for another one. One thing for sure. . .there is another commerce.

For me personally research and work difficult is substantially exactly like riclater211 wrote. There are lots of, many, many ways to trade. Some profitable. Some not. Somewhere innigeriaforextradingI spoke figuring out your niche, but I do not recall where now. Basically, only you can choose how you want to trade. The first decision should be the timeframe. Do you need to watch transactions, or can you set-and-forget? This may determine your sleep cycle. Then determine what abilities you have that can be put on the market. Have you got any training? If not, you might need to learn some things. I had never seen C earlier, so I had to learn it to become dangerous, lol. In case you have a math history, perhaps you may wish to use oscillating indiors. If you prefer to read, perhaps you will trade news. If you just want to scalp for a couple of pips every now and then, perhaps you will use support/resistance procedures.

I will not get too detailed since it is up to you. With this particular thread you wanted to know how to accept losses. Maybe you never will, but if you've ever played sports, or a board game, then it is likely you lost. Just because trading uses cash doesn't mean it's any more importance as losing at anything else. Don't let the money affect your emotions. Concentrate on the process you use to place transactions. As Marcus Lemonis likes to say, company is made up of individuals, goods, and procedures. You're the people. Your Forex graph is the item. All that is left is the trading process you use. There is no cash till you accomplish these 3 things. Money is just a by-product. In case the money bothers you too much, be sure that it's money that you don't need for success. The very best thing is likely to simply demo trade till you are confident. Anyhow, sorry for the novel. Don't take losses personal, and do not let individual ones bother you. On my Documents where I track cash, wins, and losses, it is all done on a weekly basis, maybe not daily. This creates all of my data accumulative in order to show that more than the outcomes of winning trades exceed the outcomes of losing transactions. It changes the focus of winning and losing to an overall outcome. Just like during a basketball match the guide can change frequently. The winner isn't known until the close of the game. Each missed shot has less impact than the total outcome. If you try to trade for an overall outcome, instead of focusing on winning every time, then individual losses might not matter much. All the Best.

Sheilayoxmay12
08-16-2023 14:41, 02:41 PM
An old trader told me one time in his old scruffy smokers voice once I made a really bad trade and just couldn't get out of the rut. I asked him what I could do I knew I was a good trader. He said Anthony, remember this, an eduion is never free you have to pay for it. Right now you are paying for this. At this time you need to ensure eduion has been worth the payment. Don't let the eduion be for nothing. That wisdom has kept me in my trading. I have made mistakes since then, however I use those lessons to enhance my trading and also the eduion has repaid.

Joyful Trading Everybody!

gjsomayno
08-16-2023 16:02, 04:02 PM
Decrease your dre.
In all cases, stop watching'James Bond' forex videos.
All this does is inspire you to also reduce your own racket.

Again, understand that none of us are here if we had the true answer to your question.
___
Wiered 'DOG-eat-dog' world.

paalmiiNM
08-16-2023 17:23, 05:23 PM
I completely evaluate every trade. Profit or Loss. When I followed all of my rules for entry but still it was lose money then there's nothing to feel bad about. The trade was legitimate per my principles and the markets simply didn't agree with my choice. Having confidence in your system will go a long way towards assisting you to deal with a trade that went against you. Should you let losing transactions shake that confidence then you are going to hesitate or even fail to take the next trade that may easily compensate for the losses and then some. If you're afraid to lose,... Wao! Great idea

paalmiiNM
08-16-2023 18:43, 06:43 PM
quote What I mean by work and study hard is know what you are doing. Know exactly what the indiors you would like to utilize mean and how they work. Get to know the behaviours of those pairs you intend to trade. Know what each news statement means and how it could influence your trading program or egy. Learn exactly what a money management program is, invent one and work with this. What dkrock stated is hopeless, that's the reason why he said it. He wasn't serious about studying the minds of millions of traders. As simple as possible what I'm saying is learn the Forex commerce before... I like what you said.

paalmiiNM
08-16-2023 20:04, 08:04 PM
quote I had been referring to the fact that what occurs in a trade is unknown and always will be. That does not mean you can't make a profit. It just means the unexpected can occur at any time. It is similar to arranging a picnic and it rains. It is not your fault. You simply reschedule it. Inform yourself that I was rained on by trade, and then prepare for the next one. One thing for certain. . .there is another trade. As riclater211 wrote for me work and study difficult is. There are many, many, many ways to trade. Some profitable....
Wao! That was amazing!!

paalmiiNM
08-16-2023 21:25, 09:25 PM
Thank You a million for this insightful Remarks

oxnoulin343
08-16-2023 22:46, 10:46 PM
You're delusional. Up your lithium ion mediion.

quote yes I do sorry to state over 30 Decades of experiance I have, well well done I am sure your broker does and widens the spread to ch you he likes to take your money the easy way,

GuixxeBm96
08-17-2023 00:06, 12:06 AM
You're delusional. Up your lithium mediion. quote yep I see you now resort to naughtyness well shows me how a little brain area you have, I dont use a halt, you do theres a loss to you when a small spike occurs nicely your loss is my gain on the market and thank you to your cash https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1530511853.png I have read over 50 books on Foreign Exchange been to seminars etc the novels were written by people who worked for brokers, seminars precisely the exact same thing, what does that tell you but dont reply I all ready know it, well back to the market its slow https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1530511853.png

AngelYClaugay
08-17-2023 01:27, 01:27 AM
In order to master this game you must learn to accept losses with open air. This announcement is actually misleading. The reality is, in order to master this game, you must have an advantage. Losses are included by every advantage. As long as your losses exceed your profits, you don't have an advantage. You have to think beyond losses in order to create a profit. Thinking about losses is a plogical trap as far as not carrying them into account is a egic error, eroding the border.

P.S. Loe your advantage. Let the teacher go. Go your way.

oxnoulin343
08-17-2023 02:48, 02:48 AM
And I've been another side of your bets, over many, many years, which calms your persistent failed encounter. There's lots of tips we got up to, with virtual plug inches, but pursuing your unique stops wasn't one of them.

quote yep I see that you now resort to naughtyness well shows me a little brain area you have, I dont use a stop, you do theres a loss to you when a small spike happens nicely your loss is my gain in the market and thank you to your money https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1530511853.png I have read over 50 books on Foreign Exchange been to seminars etc etc the books were composed by people who worked for brokers, seminars the Exact Same thing, what exactly does that tell you but dont answer I all ready know it, well back to the market its own slow https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1530511853.png

GuixxeBm96
08-17-2023 04:09, 04:09 AM
And I've been the other facet of your bets, over many, many years, that trumps your continual failed experience. There is lots of tricks we have up to, using virtual plug inches, however chasing your unique stops wasn't among them. quote dont bet and yes I bet you ripped your traders I can see it in your remarks, I have never had a failed account I have never been ceased so whats your egy spreadworse I'd like to know but still nothing you do or I do will affect the market now

oxnoulin343
08-17-2023 05:30, 05:30 AM
You never needed a failed account, you've never been stopped out, you've never placed a bet? Er, are you sure you've actually exchanged? Fukcin hell, what is it on this forum that it attracts such whoppers?

quote dont bet and yes I bet you ripped your traders I could see it on your opinions, I have never had a failed account have never been stopped out so whats your egy spreadworse I'd like to know but nothing you do or I will affect the market now

GuixxeBm96
08-17-2023 06:50, 06:50 AM
You never needed a failed account, you have never been stopped outside, you have never placed a wager? Er, are you sure you exchanged? Fukcin hell, what is it on this forum that it attracts such whoppers? quote it attracts am sure folks like you mate, who affirms the brokers getting wealthy from stoplosses, whoppers yep I have a whopper but dont tell anybody, because of the forum being a family of bad traders and good ones I would believe hell is for bad traders, are you naughty little bou who knows but agin I say that your comments Won't influence the market in any way so pointless

GuixxeBm96
08-17-2023 08:11, 08:11 AM
You never had a failed account, you've never been stopped outside, you've never placed a wager? Er, are you sure you've actually traded? Fukcin hell, what is it with this forum that it attracts such whoppers? quote it attracts am sure people like you mate, who affirms the brokers getting rich from stoplosses, whoppers yep I have a whopper but dont tell anybody, due to this forum being a family of bad traders and good ones I would believe hell is for bad traders, are you naughty little boy who knows but I say your comments will not affect the market so any way pointless

oxnoulin343
08-17-2023 09:32, 09:32 AM
I am not becoming bogged down and into a tit for tat exchange with you, you are a fukcin cluless moron.

quote it brings I am sure folks like you partner, who affirms the brokers becoming wealthy from stoplosses, whoppers yep I have a whopper but dont tell anyone, due to this forum being a household of poor traders and good ones I would think hell is for poor traders, are you naughty little boy that knows but again I state your comments will not impact the market so any manner so useless

moyney
08-17-2023 10:53, 10:53 AM
I'd like to talk to my instructor, after I told himI want him permanent profit. ! His response to me was: there's a gap on your learning, you need to learn that losses are part of the game. In order to master this game you need to learn how to accept losses with ample air. How can you cope with your losses? (Before, during, after). What do you do to take reduction? The very best thing I do it is just visualization of my reduction in head before I open a trade. You see if you can not lose trade on mind, likely you won't in real way so.
Therefore during and after won't bother you if you handle before.

GuixxeBm96
08-17-2023 12:13, 12:13 PM
I am not getting hauled down and into a tit for tat trade with you, you are a fukcin cluless moron. quote of course not https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1530511853.png appears you have https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1530511854.jpg

gemox
08-17-2023 13:34, 01:34 PM
I know it very well that Currency Market is a zero sum game where I will face many scenarios to accept my losses in addition to my failure. So, I try never to give up with the mindset I must buck up with complete cautions and only right egies next moment. And obviously consistent profit is the best thing and that I try to maintain consistency. But for maintain a consistent stream of profit I prefer to trade with smaller amount.

Oxmichic
08-17-2023 14:55, 02:55 PM
quote yep I find you now resort to naughtyness well shows me a tiny brain space you have, I dont use a halt, you do thats a reduction to you personally when a small spike happens well your loss is my gain on the market and thank you to your cash https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1530511854.jpg I have read over 50 books on FX been to seminars etc etc the books were written by men and women who worked for brokers, seminars precisely the exact same thing, what does that tell you dont answer I all ready know that, return into the market its slow https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1530511854.jpg Since I will limitmynigeriaforextradingposts to the absolute minimum, here is something regarding the brokers you can do.

1. Use only the bid price. Ask price is utilized only when a sell order tp is attained. In the rest of the ocasions I completely ignore the ask rice.

2. Never utilize any pending orders or discontinue losses at all. Spread widening might activate a new order or close an open one, without the price even being there, in a first loion. Use market orders rather. Close at market price when trade is opened in the wrong direction. Create a simple EA or even a script to make it utilize only the bid price.

3. Find a way to move your trades near tops and/or bottoms. Brokers, LPs, bankers will be completely helpless against that kind of market orders place open/close. I understand trading professionals and books maintain silence about tops and bottoms... that is exactly why you need to make a research into that direction. If you are smart enough, you'll discover a minumum of one alternative. I am effectively using about 5 unique egies, each using over hundreds of chances. My head explodes... I am sure, if you dip in there? You will discover at least one. That is all you need... it took me 4 years, if that matters. However, my iq is 75... if you discover something - don't share it publicly. It's yours. capitalize it.

Chiopio
08-17-2023 16:16, 04:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/o52DuyrxQJQ?origin=https://www.forum.com

yaizapkmmes
08-17-2023 17:36, 05:36 PM
quote That is a interesting concept. I can know your style of thinking. In the attached photograph is when the CHF fell in January 2015 murdered many traders in addition to brokers around the globe when the the Swiss chose to unpeg the Franc from the Euro. As you can see, the past 5 and half months was a nice up tendency. Now before that fall, it looks like price might have been petering out but of course hind site is 20/20. While I have no idea how you exchange, from my experience it appears at that point and time you would either be long or not in at... trading relies on the odds, and each trading method has weak points and potency. That can be a weak point in this technique, and in addition it has a lot of strengths... Perhaps this method may improve by placing the SL twice the logical amount in anticipation of these events.

Gokaime
08-17-2023 18:57, 06:57 PM
quote Trading relies on the odds, and each trading system has weak points and strength. This can be a weak point in this technique, and in addition it has a lot of strengths... Perhaps this method may improve by placing the SL double the logical amount in anticipation of such events. This isn't a weak point, this is a fundamental defect.

-Ric

lalimishi
08-17-2023 20:18, 08:18 PM
quote Trading relies on the likelihood, and each trading system has weak points and strength. That can be a weak point in this technique, and it also has a lot of advantages... Maybe this method can improve by putting the SL twice the logical level in anticipation of these events. Should you exchange based on turning a coin or throwing darts to exchange then yes you are trading based on the odds. But if you are trading according to a solid egy (that I propose should be based fundamentally on market structure) then the odds are little to do with trading.

yaizapkmmes
08-17-2023 21:39, 09:39 PM
quote (that I suggest should be based fundamentally on market structure ).
Hi
Would you tell us what you intend by this Market Style... please

Oxmichic
08-17-2023 23:00, 11:00 PM
quote That is a interesting theory. I am able to understand your style of thinking. In the attached photo is if the CHF dropped in January 2015 murdered many traders in addition to brokers around the globe when the the Swiss decided to unpeg the Franc in the Euro. As you can see, the past 5 and half months was a fine up trend. Now before that fall, it looks like price may have been petering out but of course hind site is 20/20. While I don't have any clue how you trade, from my experience it appears at the point and time you'd be long or not in at... it's more interesting to learn if ANY SL had ever worked at that time? The reason why I believe they didn't?

Do you know just how much was that the spread at that time? Even if you managed to open a sell trade, which can be quite unlikely, SL could have been instantly struck. In brexit there were 150-250 pips spreads when case have begun.

To answer your question, fortune would decide it for me. I trade m15 . Downsizing it now of trading m5 such as h4 and could hopefully come down to m1 as h4. No matter the previous leadership, I jump onto it. If the movement, just before case was going up for the past 4hours, I would suck it big time. If it had been ranging for the previous 4 hours it would depend which side was past. If it had been going down to the past 4 hours prior the event, I would have been at profit. Thus, it's luck who decides those sort of scenarios.

I recall I reside traded in the summer of 2015 that the gbpjpy when it did fall 700-800 pips for several hours. The initial first fall has fast, maybe 400-500 pips for minutes. I made a little over 1k of profit, when I should have made 5k maybe? Slippage and disperse sky rocketed, but I still got out of itas I follow the price and the gamble for me is at events such as the one mentioned by you.

Gokaime
08-18-2023 00:20, 12:20 AM
quote It's more interesting to know when ANY SL had worked at that time? The reason why I believe they didn't? Do you know how much was the spread at that time? Even if you managed to open a market trade, which is very unlikely, SL would have been instantly struck. In brexit there were 150-250 pips spreads when the event have begun. To answer your query, luck would decide it for me. I trade m15 as h4. Downsizing it now of trading m5 such as h4 and could hopefully return to m1 as h4. Whatever the last direction, I jump on it. If the movement,... I could never exchange like that. But when it works for you, great. I feel that nobody has the right to tell anybody they are trading incorrect AS LONG they are profitable. I utilize stops/ I would not trade without them. Stops and manual trailing stops are a part of my money management plan. There's not any wrong way to exchange as long as you see what it is you're doing and are profitable. Why do think you can find so many different ways to exchange out there.

I myself not find spreads for a issue, of course I stay away from news occasions and exchange high time-frames so small fluctuations in spread are easily absorbed.

Additionally, merely to say I was actually long at the time of this CHF drop. My stop-loss was respected by my broker (Oanda FXTrade). Not merely was it admired but the profit I made on that commerce was correctly added to my balance, minus half-spread, which was fairly high but that is because of liquidity at the time that it occurred, and curiosity of course.

Happy Trading

-Ric

Oxmichic
08-18-2023 01:41, 01:41 AM
quote There is no wrong way to trade so long as you see what it is you're doing and are profitable. Why do think there are many distinct techniques to trade out there. At successful traders becoming 4 out of 10,000 and losers being the rest 9,996 traders, there has to be something wrong with the SLs, I guess. But lets respect our different methods of perspectives.

I myself not find spreads for a matter, of course I keep away from news times and trade high time-frames so tiny fluctuations in spread can easily be absorbed. Same here, except I jump on the news. Possessing big issues with the spread as a cost when go down to reduced time frames like h1 and under. Dying to learn how to trade M1 as M1 and M5 as M5, not equally as H4. H4 filters the sound and produces distances where spread does not bother mepersonally, however, keeps me away from day trading...

Additionally, simply to say that I was really long in the time of the CHF drop. My stop-loss was honored by my own broker (Oanda FXTrade). Not only was it honored but the profit I made on that commerce was added to my balance, minus half-spread, which was high but that is due to liquidity in the time it occurred, and interest of course. Happy Trading -Ric I do not get that part, but anyhow. Don't want to enter into conflicts. If you did good at that time, probably you deserved it.

lalimishi
08-18-2023 03:02, 03:02 AM
quote Hi Can you tell us exactly what you mean by this Market Structure... please There are certainly different paradigms to explain market structure. Most fundamental is the fact that markets move in waves or swings on every time frame. The swings happen on a pub degree, minor level and major degree. This is not to be confused with multi-time frame analysis as I don't think in MTF analysis. Swings can be mapped using a variety of tools such as Andrew's Pitchforks although utilizing this tool is not absolutely vital. There are various ways of utilizing lines if horizontal or diagonal to assist with this mapping. No matter how the lines only help determine market direction. I never exchange the lines. The market also expands and contracts as it swings. Ultimately it is the reaction of price to structure (test, retest, etc. ) ) that helps one in determining where and when to exchange. Ultimately it is price action or the specific qualities of the bars at a specific loion which often supplies a trading opportunity.

Most traders fighting to be profitable have not taken the time to genuinely understand market structure. Instead many are utilizing overly simplistic occurrences on the market or indiors to inform them when to exchange.

I have been buying mere 10 years which actually is not very long. I have done it all and not until I researched market structure did I finally arrive at an understanding of the market that currently allows me to trade quite specifically. However it's taken 2 decades of studying to know the market how I understand it and it would not be possible to condense that in this post.

I trade 1 minute charts right now since it fits the time constraints I currently reside with.

pkmmenla2015
08-18-2023 04:23, 04:23 AM
If a trader need to take care of losses on a plogical degree...

1. His trading position size is too large for him.

2. He is employing a losing platform, that incur internet drawdown over time.

Among the above.