PDA

View Full Version : Why you should trade 1-2% of your account on a trade!

Luiszum
03-29-2018 00:46, 12:46 AM
Hi Everyone,

One thing I dislike is visiting traders get rid of money because unfortunately it does not grow on trees.

I saved this picture of a trader I use to look around approximately 4-5 months back to understand that trading 1-2percent on guide trades is critical to survive (I trade large sizes on risk events such as ecb minutes because the volatility is very direct/quick and predictable).

Please use this picture below to be aware that the purpose of forex is to last forever and not in the brief term.

I'd want to know your views on the way you handle risk to last for the long run.

Please take this thread quite seriously because blowing your account could result in a 9-5!!!

Thank you.
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1528680347236986204.jpg

Luiszum
10-16-2021 01:39, 01:39 AM
2 percent (or whatever the value) risk% is subjective. From curiosity, how can you guys calculate this? Example: Balance = 1,000 Leverage 1:300 EURUSD price = 1.195 Spread = 10point Stoploss = 200point Commission perroundtrip = 4/standard lot Trade BUY. So how much would be that the lotsize, if we risk 2 percent? Risk for me is straightforward.

#20k trading account means that the most I would enable a loss to run for is 200 to 400 pound. The lot size is dependant on how good the entrance is on a manual transaction.

Luiszum
10-16-2021 03:00, 03:00 AM
I prefer 0.1percent to 0.2 percent. quote I'd imagine you have a very large account then or you're very risk aware.

What risk level did you initially start with if you 1st started?

alipol
10-16-2021 04:21, 04:21 AM
My broker has a required margin, which ranges from 2%-10% depending on the pair. That means I must have cash in reserve to place a transaction. For example, 1 lot of EURUSD might require $2400 to be put aside in order to earn $10 per pip.

Now you are saying to only use 1-2% of that? $24-$48? LOL. Funny.

I add a set stop loss to the required margin and then divide my account balance by that requirement to learn how many lots I can trade. So, if I use a stop loss of 40 pips, then I must put aside $2800 for each lot. If I have $20,000 in my account, then I can trade a maximum of 7.14 lots (always round down). I fix my lot maximum in the end of each trade according to the shift in my account size, profit or loss.

I trade like this for two reasons. One, I constructed a fantastic system. Two, the cash is available for trading, not saving. If you are basically doing demo on a live account, then sure, don't risk any money. The sole reason I can think of for risking pennies is that you place hundreds of transactions simultaneously and don't have a large enough account to risk more. Personally, I believe this is where this thought came from, Wall Street, where they had been placing numerous transactions all day , and somehow somebody converted that egy to incorporate a retail trader, who's probably trading a single pair at a time with a single entrance held before exit. So, kinda dumb, but that is my opinion.

I would need to disagree with your theory. Losing more slowly still means you are losing. You shouldn't risk money until you understand how to win. All the Best.

Luiszum
10-16-2021 05:41, 05:41 AM
My broker has a necessary margin, which ranges from 2%-10% based on the pair. That means I must get money in reserve to place a transaction. For example, 1 lot of EURUSD may require $2400 to be set aside in order to earn $10 per pip. Now you are saying to just use 1-2% of that? $24-$48? LOL. Funny. Lol dont over complie it.

For example when you've got a $10,000 dollar account the most you should be happy to lose on a transaction would be $100-$200 to make sure you endure for the long haul. I does not actually reflect margins etc or spreads although spreads might eat in the risk.

alipol
10-16-2021 07:02, 07:02 AM
quote Lol dont over complie it. For instance if you have a $10,000 dollar account the most you should be willing to lose on a transaction is $100-$200 to make certain to endure for the long haul. I does not really reflect margins or spreads although spreads may eat into the risk. The most I'd be willing to lose is my baldness, not a proportion of my account. My stop loss is naturally multiplied by the number of lots that I use. You have basically divided my situation by 2, so I'd have the ability to place 3.57 lots having a 40 pip stop loss. My approved reduction is $1428, even though it is very unlikely I'd still be in the market when my stop is struck because that is not how my trading platform works. It is just a stop loss value that is astrophic. Since I commerce, not bet I think. However, that is me. My company plan centers about compounding lot sizes, number of pairs, and number of accounts. So, I compound. Nonetheless, you need to understand how to trade. In case you have a very long haul issue, you should fix it before risking any money. One of the best ways to fix it is to journal your experiences, figure out what is missing, apply the lost bits, and examine again. If your attention is on losing, you will probably lose. Since I built it like that my egy works for me. When it doesn't fit your egy. Trade the same way, lol. My way is an alternate view of your own theory. All the Best.

oxnoulin343
10-16-2021 08:23, 08:23 AM
For my personal trading I've a'reasonable' line of charge, from a former employer. I plan for approx 60% account increase per annum, approximately 1% a week. I risk circa 0.05% - 0.1% each trade, worst drawdown this season has been 0.75%, I'm entirely automated, never hold trades instantly, and have a daily circuit breaker of 0.5%, If that's hit then all places automatically shut.

As for risk when I first began trading, hmm, first trades were buy and hold stocks 20 years ago. And for a very long time I would just swing trade FX.

quote I would imagine you have a very large account then or you are very risk conscious. What risk level did you originally start using when you 1st started?

Luiszum
10-16-2021 09:44, 09:44 AM
quote The maximum I'd be eager to shed is my stop loss, not a percentage of my account. My stop loss is naturally multiplied by the amount of lots that I use. You have basically divided my scenario by 2, so I'd have the ability to place 3.57 lots having a 40 pip stop loss. My approved loss is 1428, though it is very unlikely I'd still be in the market when my stop is hit because that isn't how my trading platform functions. It's nothing but a astrophic stop loss worth. I think differently since I trade, not gamble. However, that's me. My business plan...
That was a fab insight what you just provided in terms of how you manage your risk. The picture I put up within this thread reveals somebody going bonkers on a live account and I am certain that they've blown that account since eur/usd prevailed since then.

I truly expect retail traders consider risk seriously since that is what usually the downfall its not even just based on shedding.

alipol
10-16-2021 11:05, 11:05 AM
I see two versions of stop loss, one tied to account size, and one tied to market price. In nature, I suppose both could be factoring in market price and indiing a losing trade. I would rather use the market to guide the stop, as opposed to just how much money I am willing to lose. I would rather take what the market gives, rather than attempt to restrain it according to my risk. It is simply a difference of opinion. The key is that in the two cases, a reduction is stopped at some point and not allowed to cripple your account.

Luiszum
10-16-2021 12:25, 12:25 PM
For my private trading I've a'reasonable' line of charge, from a previous employer. I plan for approx 60% account growth per annum, roughly 1% a week. I risk circa 0.05% - 0.1% each trade, worst drawdown this season has been 0.75%, I am fully automated, never hold trades instantly, and also have a daily circuit breaker of 0.5%, If that's hit then all places automatically close. In terms of risk when I first began trading, hmm, first trades were buy and maintain stocks 20 years back. And for a long time I'd only swing trade FX. quote The holding trades instantly is very subjective. By way of instance I went long via swing trade gbp/nzd and hedged going long on gbp/aud only if rbnz came out bullish or something awful happened in either state. I banked over 300 pips via holding through the night.

Are you really not holding trades over night only in the event of some form flash accident?

60% per annum is a fab return considering the line of risk you're trading with. If you're pulling off that then your a super expert.

The single time that I go in with heavy risk is when trading deals or interest rate minutes in addition to post central bank press conferences. By way of instance I exchanged eur/nok interest rate minutes understanding they would be hawkish since cpi had been above their target rate for this month. EUR/NOK gained strength rapidly and that I profited big.

oxnoulin343
10-16-2021 13:46, 01:46 PM
My transactions can last from moments in time to hours. The programme may enter transactions instantly, but I never hold over. The programme is based on amounts which are recalibrated at the e.o.d.

quote The holding transactions instantly is very subjective. For instance I went via swing commerce gbp/nzd and hedged going long on gbp/aud just in case rbnz came out bullish or something bad happened in either country. I banked over 300 pips via holding over. Are you really not transactions over night just in case of some form flash accident? 60 percent per annum is a fab return considering the line of risk you are trading with. If you are pulling that off then your a superb pro. The only time I go in with hefty risk is when investing in addresses or interest rate...

Luiszum
10-16-2021 15:07, 03:07 PM
I see two different variations of prevent loss, one tied into account size, and one tied to market price. In nature, I suppose both would be factoring in market price and indiing that a losing trade. I prefer to use the market to guide the stop, rather than just how much money I am ready to lose. I prefer to take what the market gives, rather than attempt to control it based on my risk. It is just a difference of opinion. The secret is that at a certain point, there is a loss stopped in both examples and not allowed to cripple your account. I concur with you based on your weight-loss fitting the market price . That would mean investing with lot dimensions in relation to where your stop would be best put.
I think a trader should be concentrated on how much they can lose compared to how much they can win just to keep the ego intact.

Luiszum
10-16-2021 16:28, 04:28 PM
My trades can last from moments in time . The programme may enter trades overnight, but I never hold over. The programme is based on levels that are recalibrated at the e.o.d. quote Whats the success rate of your automated system?

alipol
10-16-2021 17:48, 05:48 PM
quote I agree with you based on your weight-loss fitting the market price . That would mean trading with lot sizes in relation to where your stop will be best put. I think a trader ought to be concentrated on how far they can lose compared to how much they can win just to maintain the ego intact. My calculated cease loss is only astrophic. The actual stop is based on my trading system. My easiest definition is that I exchange intraday swings, in which my second entry is my departure. Not always the case, but it is the design. That's precisely why my cease never gets struck unless I lose power or my Internet connection. That's why I can arrange my risk the way I do. I focus on winning, not losing. A loss means a change in management, or I have stuck in some kind of consolidation which I need to get out of, lol.

lenike35
10-16-2021 19:09, 07:09 PM
Subs. Thank you and
Regards

Luiszum
10-16-2021 20:30, 08:30 PM
quote My calculated stop loss is only astrophic. The real stop is based on my trading platform. My simplest definition is that I exchange intraday swings, where my second entry is also my exit. Not always true, but it's the design. That is why my stop never gets struck unless I lose my Internet connection. That is the reason why I can arrange my risk the way I do. I focus on winning, not losing. A loss means a change in management, or I have stuck in some type of consolidation that I want to get out of, lol. Lol of course I focus on winning but I'm also very aware of just how much I can lose because some ppl appear to forget that drawdown is a part of trading. Like imagine being capable of the pic I submitted. Thats a 100k account which isn't peanuts for a millionaire trader. So in my head I know what my loss would look like but my purpose is to not need to see this loss.

oxnoulin343
10-16-2021 21:51, 09:51 PM
Hmm, I/we don#8217;t obsess on the percent breakdown of winners .

Here#8217;s a link to some useful site and an article covering one metric such as Sharpe ratio along with its advantages and disadvantages. Might be worth you bookmarking this simple site.

Https://www.quantstart.com/articles/Sharpe-Ratio-for-Algorithmic-Trading-Performance-Measurement

Here#8217;s another simple site which is in reality the one possessed by FXCM. Fwiw and imho, this is where the retail industry is headed. Learn to code, even if it#8217;s MQL, and basic python.

https://www.quantnews.com/?utm_campaign=2018 03 12 FXCM EN QuantNews Newsletter Launch Email - Leadsutm_medium=emailutm_source=Eloqua

quote Whats the success rate of your automated system?

mokipeny92
10-16-2021 23:11, 11:11 PM
Here is a link to some useful site and an article covering one metric for example Sharpe ratio and its pros and cons. Might be worthwhile you bookmarking this simple site. Https://www.quantstart.com/articles/Sharpe-Ratio-for-Algorithmic-Trading-Performance-Measurement quote I was thinking about precisely the same thing the other day. Risk is different depending on how you measure it. Two hedge funds could have the same yield, but depending on what grade they are in contrast to, they will have different alpha.

Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing!

oxnoulin343
10-17-2021 00:32, 12:32 AM
Bookmark both sites and at coffee/tea breaks quietly work your way through the articles and content. Worth doing as this is the area where retail is led. The only consistently profitable retailers that I know know also how to code, they employ automated s, they obsess over issues such as speed of execution, low latency, miniature spreads, etc.. There's a financial technology revolution been going on, that the senior school retail traders on here have seen pass them . Get with it.

quote I was thinking about the exact same thing the other day. Risk differs depending on how you measure it. Two hedge funds might have exactly the exact same yield, but depending on what benchmark they are in contrast to, they are going to have different alpha. Very interesting article. Thanks for sharing!

Oxmiski
10-17-2021 01:53, 01:53 AM
Bookmark both sites and at coffee/tea breaks gently work your way through the content and articles. Worth doing as this is where retail is headed. The only consistently profitable retailers I understand know also how to code, they employ automated s, they obsess over issues such as speed of implementation, very low latency, miniature spreads, etc.. There is a financial technology revolution been going on, the older faculty retail traders on here have seen pass them by. Get with it. quote
Yes im a complete time betfair trader.

Same applies.

The pros use bots.

linamoja
10-17-2021 03:14, 03:14 AM
quote So let's say I have a #20k account and I want to trade ecb minutes or article draghi speech. I am prepared to probably risk 20 percent of this account as I know it will move in a lengthy trend for quite a lengthy duatation till it hits s3 or r3 pivot points. If I'm doing a standard trade where I have used a technical entry I shall only risk maximum 2 percent of this account as a straight direction is not guaranteed because of bulls and bears battling it out. Hope that makes sense. Out of what u have stated above I will only state that
u r not a trader. U have very limited experience n u r probably not trading reside account or even if u do u r losing great or will lose massive in d close future.

Any trader risking 20 percent of account for unmarried commerce is either stupid or a liar. Or u really have no clue what u r doing and speaking about

however decent luck. Un r d liquidity of the market

ps: I have not seen a real trader using will there will be some in d future too

bmigisg
10-17-2021 04:35, 04:35 AM
I have the top limit but seldom hit at that amount. Typically it works out to 1-3%. From the U.S. you encounter a limitation due to the reduced leverage on our accounts. This mostly happens for me personally due to trading lower time frames which makes it possible for a bigger position dimensions and still keeps the risk relatively low.

For new folks I strongly recommend some sort of lot size calculator by spreadsheet or preferably one which operates directly on the trading software you are using. There are a ton of them out there for MT4. I wrote one for myself which matches my trading style that basically allows me to transfer two lines onto the screen and based on the risk limit along with also the maximum leverage usable settings instantly calculates the proper lot size. It will even show you exactly what that risk percentage means in dollars and cents. 2% seems small until you attach it to a 10k account and suddenly it's 200 bucks.

Luiszum
10-17-2021 05:55, 05:55 AM
quote from what u have stated above I can simply state that u r not a trader. U have very limited experience n u r probably not trading reside account or even if u do u r losing great or will lose enormous in close future. Any trader risking 20% of account for single commerce is either stupid or a liar. Or u really have no clue what u r performing and speaking about but decent luck. U r d liquidity of the market ps: I have never seen a real trader using will n there wont be any in future also Mr Brown I think you need to go the thread since there are guys that are risking 45% on here.

So risking 20% on a risk event that you are 99% confident will go a specific way is high risk?

I suggest you examine the opening message of the thread and read it correctly.

The majority of my transactions are 2% risk I wrote but if a certain event is certain to move in 1 direction why go in so tiny? I suggest you read up or watch the movie on George Soros and see exactly what winning vs risk is. He went 100% In and made 1 billion per day since the probability was so on his side.

If you go to my fundamental beats thread. I outlined the banks were stating heavy dollar buying from Tuesday and exactly what happened then...? The the dollar gained rapid energy versus everything from Tuesday to Thursday. That is what you call a high likelihood trade when you've got a trusted news feed.

When you examine the image I put in this thread I recommended to trade 1-2% to not wind up in precisely the same mess as that reside account I came across last year.

Below you will find a photo of a high probability trade I took since I could listen to the eur/nok minutes straight and that I was on the right side of the commerce https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1529342526.jpg

I traded the eurnok minutes again months since I knew nok would gain strength since they had good inflation prior and they stated GDP was good on their own readings.

This is what you call trading together with the probability on your side and you will see that those transactions last no more than 15 minutes and hit on the s3 pivot for your afternoon https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1529342526.jpg

I have a ton of trade examples on risk events so please don't insult my ability as I really don't yours.
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1529342535282963902.jpg
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1529342537891594597.jpg

mafamegina69
10-17-2021 07:16, 07:16 AM
Hello,

You have to risk more than 2% of the account, trust me, if you trade with 0.5% to 1% per transaction, your account will grow with continuous profits without difficulties. Do not be crazy and trade just like a professional.

Have a nice day!

Hache2390
10-17-2021 08:37, 08:37 AM
I've the upper limit set for 5% but seldom reach this level. Typically it ends up to 1-3%. In the U.S. you run into a limit because of the decreased leverage on our accounts. This mainly happens for me because of trading lower time frames that allows a larger place dimensions and keeps the risk comparatively low. For new people I strongly recommend some sort of lot size calculator by spreadsheet or preferably one which operates directly on the trading software you're using. There are a ton of them out there for MT4. I wrote one for myself which... Can you please place the indior of using two lines to compute lot size? Thank uou.

Luiszum
10-17-2021 09:58, 09:58 AM
Hi, You have to risk not more than 2% of the account, trust me, if you trade with 0.5% to 1% per transaction, your account will grow with steady profits without problems. Do not be mad and trade like a professional. Have a nice day!
That I 100% agree with the 1 percent variable but take into account some ppl are beginning with like $1k to $3k and a few feel to use lots of leverage to generate money as their circumstances are somewhat different. So 0.5percent is a bit of a stretch for a few unless you've got a huge account.

pkmmenla2015
10-17-2021 11:18, 11:18 AM
A position sizing is similar to leverage, in its own double edged character.

Luiszum
10-17-2021 12:39, 12:39 PM
Hi Everybody, 1 thing I dislike is visiting traders lose money because unfortunately it doesn't grow on trees. I saved this image of a trader I use to look up to about 4-5 months ago to know trading 1-2% on guide trades is essential to endure (I exchange big sizes on risk events for example ecb minutes because the volatility is quite direct/quick and predictable). Please use this image below to be aware that the aim of FX is to continue forever and not in the brief term. I'd want to know your views on the way you manage risk to continue...
As I mentioned when I 1st composed this thread I only trade 1-2% of the account on manual trades meaning normal trades predied on continued sentiment/fundamental flow.

This week I went on a heavy position post BOE meeting along with the trade was going excellent before we had floor breaking news out of Carney via a BBC interview. It stopped me out for a few ###I will not lie. I was pissed off and considered if I'd go in on such a hefty position again when trading risk occasions. I was not made aware via any site or paid support which Carney was speaking on BBC (otherwise I'd have not traded or had the halt set to break-even which was possible). Carney was touted as the'unreliable boyfriend' because he always seems to offer mixed signals and he sure proved that right!!!

To conclude this I shall go in heavy risk occasions, but I will be sure to drill down my analyst to know whether we've got speakers which could affect the commerce. For instance I was long cable on Friday and we had a BOE speaker on BBC so I shut the trade https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1529342529.png Straightforward

This year I have traded of the trunk of post meetings and profited quite nicely, especially of those NOK, ECB, SEK BOC since they state it how it is. Draghi did correct the market last year once the market misinterpreted one of his press conferences, but at least he waited a few days and not 2 hours prior to dropping a bombshell.

With that said I'm pleased to report that I have more winning trades than losing trades which leaves me profitable.

I blog all entrances from start (real life time) and closes trades on the ribbon https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/trading-discussion/23-lines-objects-dissapear.html

oxmlajlle3
10-17-2021 14:00, 02:00 PM
quote from what u have said above I can simply say that u r not a trader. U have very limited expertise n r probably not trading live account or maybe if u do u r losing great or will lose enormous in d close future. Any trader risking 20 percent of account for single commerce is either stupid or a liar. Or really have no clue what u r performing and talking about but decent luck. U r d liquidity of the market ps: I have not seen a true trader using will there wont be any in d future also There are people with an extremely high win rate (readily 85% AND even higher) that risk 20/30/40percent PER trade

YES its safe to risk that sum with a super high win rate

YES they have a clue and understand what they're doing (they could maintain that triumph rate for weeks easily)

for what I can see you aren't certain how to be an efficient trader and that's why you see this large risk as something a stupid or a liar person would do. . Sorry to hear but not everybody its like you =-RRB-

EDIT:

Imagine a Super high likelihood the price WILL move in 1 way in a specific point, what you ought to do? You have to exploit it to the moon and back!! Or you can view this way to: IF there its only a very slight little tiny chance (such as a 5% at maximum ) this move wont occur, then why you still chicken out and risk a very small sum in that commerce?? Consider it

oxmlajlle3
10-17-2021 15:21, 03:21 PM
the old me : risk with bigger dimensions, win big money than usual size. . But in the end. . Blow up the account. More and more and more moree the new me risk the very same, the scenario for each and every transaction is the same. . My toes may burn off, if I walk out barefoot on a hot day on the asphalt. . However. . If I walk out every day when it's hot, the asphalt gradually becomes bearable. I will end up resistant, as time passes, to the equity swings in my personal account with every transaction that is winning, or every losing trade. Over time, I begin to focus on what is important...
ah crappy analisys/egy paired with the improper capital management WILL blow your account everytime

The higher the triumph rate = the higher the percent you SHOULD risk per transaction, and viceversa also (but in this point which aproach or egy is not worthwhile ) and it WILL NOT blow off your account, plain and simple

GuixxeBm96
10-17-2021 16:42, 04:42 PM
I trade try zar and mxn I wait until the try as moved to its historic high and above for a market trade with large positive swap, allways like it even when in wrong direction https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1529342529.png the number of men and women know what the historic highs and lows on pairs, I do that gives a edge and not just that 5lots or 10lots on the trades,, euro/try is more swap https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1529342529.png and have a market now, risk no, expect that your trading gets to your euro pairs for a proffit, kindest terms from dave

Luiszum
10-17-2021 18:02, 06:02 PM
I commerce attempt zar and mxn I wait until the attempt as moved to its historic high and above for a sell trade with large positive swap, allways like it even when in wrong direction https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1529342529.png how many people know what the historic highs and lows on pairs, I do that gives a edge instead of just that 5lots or 10lots about the trades,, euro/try is much more swap https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1529342529.png and have a sell now, risk no, hope your trading gets to a euro pairs for a proffit, kindest terms from dave
I've heard some people tell me eur/try has a strong trend similar to that of the Dow last year.I have it in my list funny enough.

I also exchange usd/mxn since it's a strong trend with fundamentals available in many news feeds.

The zar is very stable right now however, it did proceed well in an upward trend these previous months.

hangsok
10-17-2021 19:23, 07:23 PM
By all your trades from START you mean from 3 weeks before until now (beginning 24th March 2018)? That is a reasonable period of time to determine ones results... Yeah, sorry afterward...

oxmlajlle3
10-17-2021 20:44, 08:44 PM
quote With this kind of ergy you are likely taking 2-8 trades each month. Around 15 in average actually (thats including skipping trading days because I need to head out to do something), possibly even 20 (1 per day) if the market isnt mad by something OR I ched london and new york sessions. Latelly I dont care to much about the amount of transactions I buy, I just await the ideal trades based on my principles and thats ita day or 2 just waiting doesnt bother me at all =-RRB-

quote ok super smart, answer this one what will happen when u r floating w 20% account risk n a reverse spike struck...!!?? I never get inverse spike strike ; if you're more humble/open minded you'll know why

quote even if u have stop loss it will most probably not fill...!!! Account MC too many smart here, u have no clue what u r talking about, newcomer talk, newcomer talk Thats right guy, YOU have no clue who're you speaking about, YOU have no clue how folks trade, what they trade or even how are they reading the price!! You asume to a lot of things. . Dont try to become a super smart guy =)

pkloamengual
10-17-2021 22:05, 10:05 PM
2 percent (or whatever the value) risk% is subjective.
From curiosity, how do you guys calculate that?

Example:
Balance = $1,000
Leverage 1:300
EURUSD price = 1.195
Spread = 10point
Stoploss = 200point
Commission perroundtrip = $4/standard lot
Trade BUY.

So how much is that the lotsize, if we risk 2 percent?

Luiszum
10-17-2021 23:25, 11:25 PM
By all of your transactions from START you mean from 3 weeks prior to until today (beginning 24th March 2018)? That's a sensible period of time to determine kinds results... Yeah, sorry afterward... Hey you enjoyed the results right? The gbp/USD trade prediction of this hitting 1.40 lol. I am certain you also caught the trade which reveals me buying gbp/USD once the rate increase was priced ? More than 200 pips captured hmmm....

I'd just decided then to begin posting every trade so others can see fundamental analysis as an choice to exchange with.

It is also possible to see heavy trade examples on this thread also.

You've said you are not good in trading but I hope this changes for you.

I commented on this particular thread openly to say I had a fat reduction that's the 1st one this year but with that said I've had many big winners.

So that you would like to grill me to be transparent that many traders fail to do then that's on you.

The last losing month I had was in January. The reduction I had this past month can be recouped trading the ideal fundamentals and risk events.

MikeLay
10-18-2021 00:46, 12:46 AM
I'm a newbie trader. I have just recently started using real cash. At first, I was using 2% risk. However, I think it's a lot when I watched a few consecutive losing trades. Now, I have moved to 1% risk. Winning trades just earn a couple of $ of profit but losing trades also don't hurt a lot. I have realized that have a good win rate is what matters at this stage and not the amount of $ I make. Once I have figured out egies that are always winning, I can constantly raise my deposit while adhering to 1%.

pkloamengual
10-18-2021 02:07, 02:07 AM
quote Risk for me is straightforward. #20k trading account signifies that the most I would allow a loss to run for is #200 to 400 pound. The lot size is dependant on how great the entry is on a manual transaction. How great is great, that worth #200 to 400 pound?

Luiszum
10-18-2021 03:28, 03:28 AM
quote how good is good, that worth #200 to 400 pound?
It actually Depends upon the entry.

This is why many would argue that swing trading is much better as it's less hassle but take into account we've got information releases which could ruin trades.

When trading shares for example you really only have to worry about quartery earnings that's why I feel most technical traders ought to be trading stocks/shares and not currencies.

mikeylmapa
10-18-2021 04:48, 04:48 AM
Actually risk percentage is dependent upon a number of aspects. Just how much you can tolerate is a variable. Additionally, it associated with your winning ratio. A trading egy is a blend of all factors according to your skills, capital, risk tolerance power. You have to make a platform so you can survive in the market and earn profit.

oxnoulin343
10-18-2021 06:09, 06:09 AM
I favor 0.1percent to 0.2%.

Hi Everybody, 1 thing I dislike is visiting traders lose money because sadly it does not grow on trees. I saved this picture of a trader I use to look around about 4-5 months ago to understand that trading 1-2% on manual transactions is essential to survive (I trade large dimensions on risk events such as ecb minutes because the volatility is quite direct/quick and predictable). Please use this image below to know that the aim of forex is to continue and not in the short term. I would be interested to learn your views on how you manage risk to continue...