Lobishomei
09-19-2006 06:41, 06:41 AM
NAHB housing index: worst-than-expected
housing beginning: poor
building license: poor
PPI: poor
PPI-core: poor
interest rate increase: unlikely
dollar service: to war against who? (Not quite sure...)
Like what I have told you guys. . .sell the dollar, until you got dissapointed by another Terrible Troubles

enmiqw
08-13-2023 07:58, 07:58 AM
I hate to say it, but this would blow around 3 pages of warm atmosphere expened on this thread by people who never even looked in a chart.
If we are able to stay constructive I'd love it. We can all degenerate in remarks but its not exactly what I've seen on FF.

The chart you article above hides the biggest daily drop from the currency since 2003. More than 1.3percent or thereabouts. Thats important no matter which way you chart it.

pepajesus
08-13-2023 09:19, 09:19 AM
Think about it like this. You are president of a large bank in Thailand or any county. Your aunty rings you in the morning to wake you to whine that there are tanks rolling round the street below and she can't get any sleep. Can you:

a. Boost you're holding of thai currency?
B. Decrease you're holding of Thai currency?

Any bank over there will decrease their holding and invest in Eur, dollar, gold, sheep, farms, land, nuts, lego until they know whats happening. Once we know how the situation will pan out we'll all be back to normal and Mr. Bank manager can restart his beauty sleep.

Even bring it down to our level. If you were holding thai currency and gambling on a dollar decline (what is their currency anyway??!) What would you do????

Politics has always influenced currencies. Occasionally drasticallys sometimes just a few pips. Look at Paulsons speeches and the G7 summits and the uncertainity over Yen statements etc.. The Thai situation right now is comparable to this. I guess it's a.

pepajesus
08-13-2023 10:39, 10:39 AM
The chart you post over reaches the largest daily drop from the currency since 2003. Over 1.3% or thereabouts. Thats matter which way you chart it. The chart doesn't hide anything (typical fundamental reaction. . .LOL). There were larger daily motions this season than occured today.

enmiqw
08-13-2023 12:00, 12:00 PM
I dont follow. . .The dollar rose against the Baht significance that the Baht was SOLD...

Slmingsumfem82
08-13-2023 13:21, 01:21 PM
Dunno concerning the Baht because my broker to get one surely doesn't allow trading it. . .as for the majors, virtually every pair I look at put in a dollar bullish pin bar or a bearish outside bar pro dollar in these past 8-10 hours, thanks to what doesn't matter, it's the result that's significant and what the charts tell us.
Not bloomberg or cnn or cnbc. Unless you would like to take signals off of the talking heads, that is...

Anyway, the trouble with really trading these setups is that tomorrow could make and break anything as readily, so imho regardless of which camp, both sides can explain what they want and interpret charts or speeches all they want, ultimately the market's simply gonna go where it's gonna go...
And that I do not think that it's been that terribly predictable lately or especially today, regardless of what people say...I mean christ, oil was up 50 cent then dove down to two $ lower than open for 250 pips total moved in a single afternoon....gold bashed down 17.5$....and this after they were at first signalling at least a brief term correction...
I think there's gont be quite a bit more pushing and shoving, but the commodity decrease nor the dollar rally is finished just yet, regardless of what the motive, no?
The questions is, will people get a very clear outlook after tomorrow...

Well, prolly not, understanding very good ole mumblejumble ben...

mokjecan
08-13-2023 14:42, 02:42 PM
Someone awaken paulson and fukui...

mokjecan
08-13-2023 16:03, 04:03 PM
117.15 a big deviation from the mean before USA open... hmm....and FOMC, wonder if it will ever trade back to 118, will be your dollar rally over?!

Range for today

117-118

mean is

mokjecan
08-13-2023 17:23, 05:23 PM
117.20 nexxxxtttt....please.

117.20--117.40--117.50--1117.70--117.5

mokjecan
08-13-2023 18:44, 06:44 PM
Compression, if it breaks 117.30 price bias shifts positive.

Camlll
08-13-2023 20:05, 08:05 PM
I have traded a $200k account with Dukascopy for more than six months. Nothing but problems! Their spreads are excellent. The issue is that their platform (software, servers, or their internet) is always disconnecting, not executing trades, etc.. I have waited for more than 5 hours for the market to reach a point where I wanted to execute a trade only to get their platform sit idle and finally tell me it failed to execute the transaction. I have had open positions and then get disconnected and be unable to access my account and shed big money when the place moved from profitable (when I wished to exit) to a loss.

Their platform is not ready for use. I have confirmed that they don't have servers multiple internet providers to ensure reliable service. It seems as though they care about their fees and commissions and therefore are willing to experiment with their clients money, hoping that one day they will eventually receive their platform to become dependable.

If you're inclined to throw $10k in to exchange with them and be one of the Guinnea Pigs, then you may get lucky. But if you are a serious trader, you need to focus on the markets and your egies without having to fight the trading platform too.

If anyone knows a fantastic broker/ECN to work with, please allow me to know! I have some substantial accounts I need to loe a home for.

Thanks.

dukascopy I heard rocks....

A person wakeup Paulson... I heard he likes dollars.

ganiel
08-13-2023 21:26, 09:26 PM
If anybody knows a good broker/ECN to work with, please let me know! I've got some large accounts I want to loe a good home for.

Thanks. I've traded with FXDD. No problems, fast executions, practically no downtime. Spreads a bit widen . Now spreads that are NFP were upwards with a pip.
I wouldnt place 200k all at once. They have this service move money electronically back and forth between accounts requires 3-4 days, same day or wire posted. Put 10-20k in there and keep the remainder on stand by interest someplace in one of the internet savings account making you 5 percent.

Aoxmlanpk
08-13-2023 22:46, 10:46 PM
Put 10-20k in there and keep the remainder on stand by earning interest somewhere in one of those internet savings account which makes you 5%. Thats actually funny being said within a forex forum...

ganiel
08-14-2023 00:07, 12:07 AM
Thats Really funny being Mentioned Within a forex forum... I think it's Amusing to Maintain 200K at forex broker, unless of course you've Got a 10 mill dollar account

pepajesus
08-14-2023 01:28, 01:28 AM
For all it is worth, Bloomberg TV has been reporting the Thai Baht in a 4 year low following the coup. Here's a daily chart of the THB for all 2006. Over the previous 5 years it has flirted with the 37-38 area. Political unrest does not happen overnight. I suspect well informed, risk averse people have known for sometime that matters weren't looking great.

It does not seem like it closed me down. Perhaps deserved it and also the currency rebounded. I hate to say it, but that would blow about 3 pages of warm atmosphere expened with this thread by people who never actually looked in a chart.

By the way, welcome tonigeriaforextradingVic I wasn't including you in that group
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1519362661.jpg