PDA

View Full Version : Short Term Vs. Long Term Trading

Meni80
03-27-2011 01:48, 01:48 AM
Views on egies and the benefits of trading will be appreciated.

For the last few months I have been working on this but cannot find a way.

Am I missing something?

lelicaymegina082fomex
06-23-2022 14:47, 02:47 PM
Thank you alot. . I love your awnser.

j.g.e.
06-23-2022 16:10, 04:10 PM
chickey long term or short term is all the same, price is constant. There is NO TIME FRAMES.

Time frames have been created to make sense of how much has price transferred according to buy/sell orders for this particular quantity of time.

However price moves in waves and you will find waves within waves, what does this imply?

The way I look at chart is what has been happening, measuring by longer time frames.

If you're a brief word / swing trader, you notce about the daily price will most likely drop right? Then if you're a intraday, price will... Hi Redlion,

A refreshingly intelligent post with clear common sense included.

Folks do get obsessed with TFs and a few don't accept that price is price regardless of what TF you're looking at....fruing.

I have known people feel that if market has not attained x over another x minutes or so it won't.

TFs don't dictate the markets. I suppose if we keep saying it some people will believe it.

nomacano4
06-23-2022 17:32, 05:32 PM
I exchanged short-term for several years, only recently (in this past year) I realized how fine is long-term trading.

As I see it, the market can be both traded short and long term profitably, however the benefits are different

Short term benefits:
1) it's excellent for have some adrenaline-emotions from trading
2) it's good because profits could be made fast (ex. In a few hours or minutes)

short-term disvantages:
1) it's extremely fast and there is hardly any time to think and examine what is happening.
2) the only way to create good profits is to use some leverage, which also bring risks.

Long term benefits:
1) you have all the opportunity to test all the timeframes, put your research on the chart, unwind and consider a trade for even hours before take it.
2) once you're in a trade, you don't have to remain looking the chart all the time, only looking one or two times a day will be more than sufficient.
3) you've got soo much time to test what is happening and alter the initial plan if needed or produce a new one, without hurry and without loose yourself in the feelings.
4) having more time to examine the market on a deeply way, provide far better transactions and much higher winning% transactions, that mean less losses then more profits. Additionally, when a trade goes to how well you are of course free to add new small trades to the one, coming to the end with a profit.
This to state, that long-term trading is much more profitable than short-term trading.

It is a matter of course, in short-term you spend all day infront of computer, in a storm of feelings and stress and fear and adrenaline and you don't even know if the day/week/month is going to be finished in profit.
In long-term trading you require it much more easily, just dediing a small time to trading and the last result is profit.

We have to make a premise obviously, no matter if long-term or short-term, you have to understand what is going on in order to have the ability to make profits out of this market, otherwise short or longterm will make no difference at all.

666xavi666
06-23-2022 18:54, 06:54 PM
It means potential is unclear, when fiscal men and women and world leaders say world market is shaky 4 years following the crisis began.

Short-term trading is best when potential is uncertain.

666xavi666
06-23-2022 20:16, 08:16 PM
What's the time frame for a forex trader to hold their trade position?

I presume few trader will carry forward the trader position for over 4 months. Forex Currency trading is basically short term trading because in stocks, gold, real estate the investments continues for over a decade.

migwlayembe
06-23-2022 21:39, 09:39 PM
When world leaders and financial men and women say world economy is unstable 4 years following the financial crisis began, it means future is uncertain.

Short-term trading is greatest when future is uncertain. Future can not be sure thus long term trading is merely a myth.

Juan
06-23-2022 23:01, 11:01 PM
Short term benefits:
1) it is good to get some adrenaline-emotions from trading
two ) it is great because profits can be made quickly (ex. In a few hours or minutes)

Short term disvantages:
1) it is very fast and there is very little time to think and examine what's happening.
Two ) the only way to create good profits would be to use some leverage, that also bring risks.
I am uncertain how long you were trading short term or at all but the very first advantage mentioned is a drawback in all forms of trading.

Both disadvantages mentioned are now benefits of short-term trading and there is one more crucial point that's directly correlated with profitability and that's frequency. Would you would like to exchange a positive expectancy system on even the 1 minute TF or the 4 h?

Regards

666xavi666
06-24-2022 00:23, 12:23 AM
future may never be certain thus long term trading is merely a myth. Long term investments benefits individuals that are on top. I mean big players. This how billionaires are made.

pknginela
06-24-2022 01:45, 01:45 AM
Long Term

I Left speculation a Small Business. I would be a loser if I had been in the confusion of things and let minor alterations distract myself. THE DAY THEY START REAL MOVEMENT DO NOT END. It requires some time to complete the end of a genuine motion

How To Trade In Stocks J. Livermore

leviva
06-24-2022 03:08, 03:08 AM
Short term long term
There's opportunity everyday in the market and there Is Rely on us the Way to took the profits in the market Regardless how Large small the Sum is

I am swing on Daily TF and Scalp on Small TF
Personaly I Didnt Waste Regular opportunity whatever how Little the pips is - lets Mentioned 20 Pips (worst day) - In 1 month I could get 400 pips or over averagely (for Small TF) - One Million of Dollar always Begin From one Cents plus a Journey of a Thousand Miles must begin with One Measure

I am tried understand and applied That Your 1:1 RR these several weeks,Astonishingly my winning trade chance higher than usual

Many Thanks

semfem00
06-24-2022 04:30, 04:30 AM
Views on the advantages and egies of longterm trading will be tremendously appreciated from those who have successfully switched from short term to longer term trading.

For the last few months I have been working with this but cannot find a way.

Am I missing something? On my start of the way, I began doing intra-day trading. Meaning that I analyzed charts. Things went down and up and I was quite frued since I could not remain stable. My most significant change came when I got the urge to trade long term (daily,weekly). I could not understand why it'd make such a difference, because the trading egies were exactly the same for any timeframe you analyze. In time, I understood that extended terms is a lot more easy in the mentally aspect, which is probably the main thing in trading. The reason for this is that if you trade extended phrases, you are much calmer and your decision making process is improving dramatically, and that's the distinction between a winner and loser trader.

Colo46
06-24-2022 05:52, 05:52 AM
I exchanged short-term for many years, just recently (previously year) I understood how fine is how long-term trading. As I see it, the market can be both traded short and long term profitably, however the advantages are distinct short-term advantages: 1) it is excellent to get some adrenaline-emotions from trading two ) it is great because profits can be made quickly (ex. In a few hours or minutes) Short term disvantages: 1) it is very fast and there is very little time to think and analyze what's happening. 2) the only way to make good profits would be to use a leverage,... Agree with this 100%.

I believe long-term investing is the best thing to do.

The way I see it is it is Short term trading vs Long term investing.

I really don't see long term for a trade, more as an investment. I feel it is superior to short term since you get the picture and you may have a superb success rate. Not only can you have a very high win rate (if you are proficient at doing your assignments ) but the moves are huge.

My #1 obstacle would be to cut out the short-term trading and just stick with long term investing. I also feel that short term trading alongside the long-term investment picture, is the perfect thing to do. This clearly does not include things like scalping etc.. Nonetheless, it is that the highest probability term set ups come from trades which are aligned with the current longer term tendency.

Personally, I've been right on virtually all of my long-term investments, long-term projections of the next big move on a specific currency or commodity, but due to being wrapped up emotionally and financially within short-term movements, I have not engaged in these trends. It is pretty devastating. Nonetheless, it's up into the trader/investor to determine what suits him and to stay with this. Going against that reality will never work.

My two cents.

bangigi
06-24-2022 07:15, 07:15 AM
There is no difference between short term and long term trading. A trader should focus on perfect trading style no matter what the timeframe is. Short-term traders have a tendency to overtrade and that money loose . Even as a short-term trader, you do not have any chance so that you shouldn't exchange. Unfortunately, retails traders do not get it.

Ximo14
06-24-2022 08:37, 08:37 AM
I have a long time never access to FF. I am here because I can't find any study or research about time period - Point/Area of advantage online. So I must look from here and discuss with the experience traders in FF here.

For the Point/Area of advantage, meaning that there's an area or zone or stage that's predictable, where tendency extend or grow to the foreseen place. From my experience, I know that trend can persist its direction before it changes to new formation and direction. So traders can take the advantage of this place. FYI. I've done few statistical analysis regarding tendency, for how long the pips remote would the tendency take before shift to new trend, and etc.. You could locate this analysis or instrument beneath my thread (Sorry, I forget which thread, long time never been FF).

To include on: In my own experience that indior is just an analysis tool for current market price, it is not the prediction instrument, so it is useless. Another interesting is typical, price fluctuate up and down to form trough and peak, and then to create a cycle or wave movement. If we know the current price is over or under the typical pricing to know if demand or supply of pricing is overpowering. I attempted to draw fashion line zone (Something like envelops) from 1 point to another stage, to justify the current price level where zone (Above or below the average of the midst tendency line) in higher timeframe of course, then I can look into the smaller timeframe to determine the entry if it is appropriate at the region. But, I can't time accurately the peak and trough even thought I could get high likelihood of the zone (Long or short).

Appreciate if anyone can open up a comprehensive discussion with this.
Have a Wonderful day!

Ximo14
06-24-2022 09:59, 09:59 AM
Or is this referring to Time-Frame correlation?

Whatever can it be, the significant is the region that can have high probability trades.