PDA

View Full Version : do expert advisors really work

solmac2808
10-10-2006 16:38, 04:38 PM
Hello to all, I am running an expert advisor in metatrader 4 on a demo account it is scalping and earning hundreds of pips I will allow it to run for maybe a month or so but so far its incredible I have a few questions if anyone out there could help with 1. Which brokers allow you to run such things
2. Will they let you continue earning money without doing some to undermine it . Is there anyone out there who is currently using one in a real account

I am thinking of running it in a mini account with maybe #3k to begin any information would be much appreciated thanks

javiniepk1996
08-16-2023 02:36, 02:36 AM
They do appear to work provided that you're using the right one. They also appear to take alot of the emotion out of trading.

Which are you testing out?

I am testing the Pheonix 2007 EA.

OxmiokSP
08-16-2023 03:57, 03:57 AM
Yea, they operate (if you select the correct one). Im ahead analyzing mine and its been quietly amassing pips. It utilizes VERY! Safe setting made to double my account in 6 weeks AND.... In case it blows up will leave me with enuff cash in the account to re-attack! Any EA can make money while the maket is moving in your direction but whats the depart egy once the market moves against you 200 pips?

I will pull a bum off the road and he'll looking like a big winner so long as the stunt keep coming up seven but if snake-eyes strikes are you gonna return for becoming a panhandler?

EA egies are lots but whats the departure? I have spent 20X more hours programming my EA to begin searching for the profit-taking door the moment it sets a trade. Capital preservation and money management are #1!

pelusa.fluff
08-16-2023 05:18, 05:18 AM
Hi to all, I am running an expert advisor in metatrader 4 on a demo account it is scalping and earning hundreds of pips I will let it run for maybe a month or so but so much its amazing I have a few questions if anyone out there could help . Which brokers allow you to run such matters
2. Will they allow you to keep earning money without performing some below hand things to undermine it 3. Is there anyone out there who is currently using one in a real account

I am thinking of running it in a mini account with possibly #3k to start any information would be much appreciated thanks

Hello Daveo,

Can it be passable to share this expert with us?

If so please post it here

All of the best

OxmiokSP
08-16-2023 06:39, 06:39 AM
Quick note. Many scalpers do not cover the spread. The INCREDIBLE profits get eaten up by the commissions. 1000 trades x 3-5 pips = 3,000 to 5,000 pips in COMMISSION! - does cover the spread?

04oxmio96
08-16-2023 07:59, 07:59 AM
quick note. Most scalpers don't cover the spread. The INCREDIBLE profits get eaten up by the numerous commissions. 1000 trades x 3-5 pips = 3,000 to 5,000 pips in COMMISSION! - Why does your system cover? What exactly? If it has been forward analyzed on a demo account I dont see why it is a difficulty...

If I needed a scalper earning 3-5 pips a trade and making 100 trade/d I'd be very Pleased

OxmiokSP
08-16-2023 09:20, 09:20 AM
So what? When it's been forward analyzed on a demo account I dont see why it is a problem...

If I needed a scalper making 3-5 pips per transaction and making 100 trade/d I'd be very delighted the demo system doesnt cost commission. Whats the point of making 5 pips should you give it to the broker? Lotta scalpers TP at very reduced levels so they look WONDERFUL on demo however turn that baby on reside with money on the line and you're going to start to fully appreciate why all of your brokers kids have mercedes.

GuixxemmoGM
08-16-2023 10:41, 10:41 AM
Hi Daveo,

Can it be passable to talk about this pro with us?

If so please post it

All of the best Your asking for a response to a post created 12 weeks ago. This member hasn't been online in the past 7 months. Constantly check the dates of the posts before asking questions from originator.

begolopwz
08-16-2023 12:02, 12:02 PM
the demo system doesnt cost commission. Whats the point of making 5 pips if you give it to the broker? Lotta scalpers TP at very low quantities so they look WONDERFUL on demo but turn that baby live with money at stake and you're going to start to fully appreciate why all of your brokers kids have mercedes. Ideally we need a broker that has tight spreads but have you found one that will work together with your EA? And if it is a good EA makes many trades daily small pips are ok in my opinion as long as there are consistent wins.

angmea.eli19
08-16-2023 13:22, 01:22 PM
Ideally we need a broker who has tight spreads however have you found one that can work with your EA?
Dude I dont recommend scalping, particularly with MT4, its a fools game you'll be simply handing your cash in their pockets.

Annna87
08-16-2023 14:43, 02:43 PM
Suddently this 1 year-old article / thread get attention in this October?

oxmi141
08-16-2023 16:04, 04:04 PM
That very difficult for attention to recognizing them

cek this 5 years backtest
for detail worth bouncing zero pattern on MACD

with this hyperlink

for simple and powerful egy
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/trading-system-and-egies/101-pivot-trading-journal.html

Hi to all, I am running an expert advisor in metatrader 4 onto a demo account it is scalping and making countless pips I am going to allow it to run for a month or so so much its incredible I have a few questions if anybody out there could help . Which brokers permit you to run such things
2. Will they let you continue earning money without doing some under hand things to sabotage it 3. Is there anyone out there who's currently employing one in a real account

I'm considering running it in a mini account with possibly #3k to begin any information would be much appreciated thanks

angmea.eli19
08-16-2023 17:25, 05:25 PM
Suddently this one year-old article / thread get attention in this October? And your purpose is?

GuixxemmoGM
08-16-2023 18:45, 06:45 PM
dude I recommend scalping, particularly with MT4, its a fools game you'll be simply handing your cash into their pockets. Actually erroneous. If you know how to scalp, scalping works. Just because it does not do the job for you, you shouldn't assume that others can't do it. Your not talking for many traders.

Palen57
08-16-2023 20:06, 08:06 PM
dude I recommend scalping, particularly with MT4, its a fools game you will be just handing your money into their pockets.
Really erroneous. If you understand how to scalp, scalping works. Just because it does not do the job for you, you should not assume that others can not do it. Your not talking for all traders. I believe jjk2 means that because all MT4 brokers are market manufacturers, none of them are going to let you scalp. If you understand how to scalp, an MT4 broker won't ever allow you to do that.

GuixxemmoGM
08-16-2023 21:27, 09:27 PM
I believe jjk2 means that since all MT4 brokers are market makers, none of them are going to let you scalp. Even in the event that you understand how to scalp, an MT4 broker won't ever allow you to do so. There are a few MT4 brokers which will allow you to scalp. You have to do research with this particular forum for a list of brokers. I have not had a problem with my broker with scalping.

begolopwz
08-16-2023 22:48, 10:48 PM
There are a few MT4 brokers which will permit you to scalp. You need to do research with this particular forum for a listing of brokers. I haven't had a problem with my broker with scalping.
I am testing what seems a good scalping EA that trades several pairs, thus far proving to be profitable for me but I need to test it more yet.

Do you have any EA to urge or do you only scalp manually? Are you aware of any brokers that use MT4 that let scalping and use no dealing desk?

Thanks.

meikokyl
08-17-2023 00:09, 12:09 AM
Hello to all, I am running an expert advisor in metatrader 4 onto a demo account it is scalping and earning hundreds of pips I am going to allow it to run for a month or so but so far its incredible I have a few questions if anybody out there could help . Which brokers allow you to conduct such things
2. Will they let you keep earning money without performing some under hand things to undermine it . Is there anybody out there who's currently using one in a true account

I am thinking of running it in a mini account with maybe #3k to start any information would be much appreciated thanks
I would love to utilize your expert advisor Please. Could you send it to me as email attachment via. I would be quite grateful if you could do that. Could it be used on a mini account?

pulifam
08-17-2023 01:29, 01:29 AM
Your asking for a response to a post made 12 months ago. This member hasn't been online in the past seven weeks. Always check the dates of these posts before asking questions from originator. Either he moved down in flames, or he is on the proverbial beach sipping beverages while his EA makes him rich.

I am hoping for him and all of us it's the latter, but we understand the odds.

pknogepablo
08-17-2023 02:50, 02:50 AM
Properly --This is mine in real time- let watch
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/15192300061259625071.png

pknogepablo
08-17-2023 04:11, 04:11 AM
So convinced in itI started up my own sell orders with itlet watch --
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/15192300351966286021.png

vila20
08-17-2023 05:32, 05:32 AM
analysis with ZZ and Stoch
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/15192300371915130006.png

pknogepablo
08-17-2023 06:52, 06:52 AM
analysis with ZZ and Stoch --OKAY goal point Strike --

Hope you did not cancell your orders akukaya..lol--wasn't kidding when I called it myholygrail--
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1519230039657463097.png

pknogepablo
08-17-2023 08:13, 08:13 AM
annd soome--lol
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/15192300401949402618.png

lilmoox
08-17-2023 09:34, 09:34 AM
Trading with EA's is potential, but you want to understand what it is you do. You can not just set an EA moving and only leave the thing to make you money - it will not work.

You want to provide the EA the benefit of your brain, allow it to trade when the market is best for it. Stop it as soon as you perceive your edge is no more there - this is the only safe approach to trade with an EA.

Should you leave it running through all market conditions you will constantly lose more than you create - there's no EA that I have seen or believe shall ever exist that you may just set and forget.

It's just like robots of today, they're just ok at doing what they're programmed to do, you can buy robots to cut your grass, to walk up steps, to run, but what's specific. It is only programmed to do what the program tells it to do - there is no mind interior - its glistening on the outside and as boring as c4Þ on the interior.

Select an arsenal of robots that are beneficial for different market requirements and after that select carefully when to turn each one on or off.

I use my mind and also my own robot, my robot could be useless without its dad - learn to get parents and you won't go far wrong.

OxmiokSP
08-17-2023 10:55, 10:55 AM
Of course Robots work! Better to ask DOES THE STRATEGY WORK!? - The issue with the majority of EA's are that they aren't flexible enough to take care of loss intervals without intervention. Earning money is easy when things are going your way but what happens if the currency turns? Usually human intervention is necessary to halt the bleeding. I always design my EA (so that they automatically understand how to save my A$! @) - Always have enough cash to return at'em. - Defense wins championships in FX and Sports!! - http://fxstats.mt4stats.com

pknogepablo
08-17-2023 12:15, 12:15 PM
Thats the only type of EA I can go to bed and not worry about is a scalper EA--Small pips and I think I've Discovered one--Humorous, Ever since I Found VSA trading I haven't used it much--

NO EA with a yes or no Operating it, will beat the human brain-Well, at least not yet-lol

OxmiokSP
08-17-2023 13:36, 01:36 PM
I concur that Robot will NEVER beat Man in forex trading - its too subjective and based on human emotions (greed dread ) BUT a properly programmed bot can be profitable. I can't trade Forex manually - 24/5 is too much and you need a constant info feed together with nice manual abilities to play the sport. Thats why pro traders on wall street usually burn out in 3-5 decades. I give the job to a Robot! - I dont observe screens. I only nice tune the programming sometimes - I NEVER manually predominate!! - And simply correct the code when desired but usually a decent stop egy will stop most severe mishaps (newbies believe they understand what the market is gont perform and commerce without stops - THATS A PRO ONLY TRICK!!)

So , A robot can trade profitably but a human will ALWAYS be better BUT hey I gotta have a life and get some sleep throughout the week. (Also I don't scalp but I will go to sleep readily as long as I understand the VPS is running)

pablolmga
08-17-2023 14:57, 02:57 PM
Humans have vastly superior analysis abilities #8211; very important for entry setups.

A robot will probably always be more educated than a person #8211; perfect for exits. Set and forget; walk away and enjoy your leisure. Eliminate MM and plogy in the equation.

Utilize each source to its greatest possible advantage.

pablobixxabokg
08-17-2023 16:18, 04:18 PM
Humans have vastly superior analysis abilities -- very important for entrance setups.

A robot will probably always be more disciplined than a person -- perfect for exits. Set and neglect; walk away and revel in your leisure. Eliminate MM and plogy in the equation.

Utilize each source to its best possible advantage. Hello and Decent day Hanover.

You are exceptional and very accurate. Please Hanover, I search a code, which would do the following:

So much the terms of opening trade are met:

The code ought to:
Allow ONLY a set number (changeable worth ) of commerce positions (eg. Two trade rankings ) to be opened for every candlestick in whatever stage.

Could you help me .

D8D3.

04oxmio96
08-17-2023 17:39, 05:39 PM
Humans have vastly superior analysis abilities -- quite critical for entry setups.

A robot will probably always be more educated than a human -- perfect for exits. Neglect and Establish; walk away and revel in your leisure. Remove MM and plogy in the equation.

Use each source to its greatest possible advantage. Do you understand such EA? One that handle exit because this is killing me all the time (many trade close at BE because I can't manage them because of work). Beside using trailing EA (I know some of these ), is there an great exit EA accessible?

lilmoox
08-17-2023 18:59, 06:59 PM
You may freely find EA's to handle your trade, however you still will need to tell it what to do. Notification what to do is dependent on the style of trading that you are using.

There was just one EA I came across that you can set to scaleout at pre-defined profit targets, to move your stop at various increments and also trail. I'm positive if you do a fast search on the forum you will discover it.

My expertise of monitoring stops is that they are a bad way to manage transactions, they might have merit if you would like to trade the news, or fast moving markets, but other than that would remain away.

My style of trading heard over several years and getting stopped out just to see my prediction continue, is to leave plenty of room for the trade to breathe. Many people practise monitoring stops using the pivots formed, this in my view is superior to several other egies, but have not come across an EA that does it, although not hard to programme. Having said that, if you are a trend trader, I would rather not move the stop before many factors that indie you have gone beyond crucial confluent points (fib, SR, double 00, pivots etc) have been confirmed. This is the best method, but no EA that I know of can do that - I'd pay decent money for something like that!

Now, what you are asking is fairly much a conundrum. When there was a great EA to handle your exit,then, by default it would be used as an EA to enter the market randomly and because it had been so very good at exiting, it would turn any trade profitable. I believe maybe you might have taken a previous comment in the wrong context. Sure, the individual can pick the method for a EA to exit but if you are not disciplined as a trader you will just go and tinker with it anyway. How often have you moved your stop wider and wider.

What I am attempting to say is, EA's have to be operated by people, they are resources to enable us to do repetative and brainless jobs. The EA's achievement is therefore part of the ability of the human anatomy. When the individual has a problem with their capacity to maintain discipline and react to emotions afterward the ideal EA on earth will not help.

A bad workman blames his tools, a bad trader looks for tools to attribute, 1st learn to trade, then search for tools to help make trading easier.

Again, do not want to upset anyone, just trying to help everybody understand, particularly the newbies to this match the drawbacks so many fall into.

Selaay
08-17-2023 20:20, 08:20 PM
Have you really looked at this ea https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/trading-system-and-egies/103-jags-journal.html
If not I recommend you do.

Regards,
Jeff

You can freely find EA's to manage your transaction, however you still will need to let you know what to do. Notification what to do is determined by the manner of trading that you are using.

There was just one EA I came across that you can set to scaleout at pre-defined profit targets, to move your stop in different increments and trail. I'm positive if you do a quick search on the forum you may discover it.

My experience of trailing stops is that they are a bad way to manage trades, they may have virtue if you would like to exchange the news, or fast moving markets, however other...

vila20
08-17-2023 21:41, 09:41 PM
Have you looked at this ea https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/trading-system-and-egies/108-chart-store.html
If not I suggest you do.

Regards,
Jeff Do you know anybody publish any transactions in mt4stats for the ea you cite. Just curious to know.

Selaay
08-17-2023 23:02, 11:02 PM
I believe something has been submitted by people about that at the thread. You should go through the thread and if you are interested in the ea place it on a demo and check it out. If anybody has any queries on it they need to make a place in that thread.

Regards,
Jeff

Do you know anybody print any trades at mt4stats for the ea you cite. Just interested to know.

Balkipkz
08-18-2023 00:22, 12:22 AM
Dear all Senior member,

I'm a newbie in EA and have tried to build my own using available template at some internet. I backtested with 6 weeks history information (Jan - June 2009) and the result is roughly 15% each month (monthly is different, sometimes 25 percent but other month -8 percent, so forth )
So I need your suggestion about this return... I'm not so satisfied and need to improve like fit Max Consecutive Loss. . Might it be possible?
Thanks Bro. .

pablolmga
08-18-2023 01:43, 01:43 AM
@D8d3: Sorry, I am not able to take on any new work right now. There are a number of developers who post at FF that could help. There are a couple of threads like I'll code your orders at no cost. You might like to try sending one of them a Personal Message.

@Melpheos: I am gradually automating my trading system, expecially the exits. It's very much a work in progress. Here are two trade direction EAs that I am aware of, however I haven't tried either of them.
Https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/trading-system-and-egies/102-account-managers-trades-signals.html
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/trading-discussion/91-outcome-happened.html

@Happyaslarry: I could relate to much of what you say. If TA can offer an edge with entrances, then technical exits should possibly do likewise, because the market (except possibly for broker manipulation) cares little for whether I am entering or exiting. I haven't been able to calculate/establish a mathematical edge with fixed (TP/SL) type, i.e. non invasive, exits. IMO win rate and RR operate in approximately inverse proportion to one another. I am unaware of an EA that specifically uses technical (e.g. S/R, pivots, 00 kind ) exits.

I don't find discipline too much of a problem (particularly as I am trading mainly in demo, LOL). If one TP/trailing stop works approximately as well as any other, then I am happy to just place the commerce and walk off, come what might. Using relative currency strength and multi-time-frame analysis as part of my entrance egy makes automating it a significant task. And it is a work in progress, I'm still very much learning.

lilmoox
08-18-2023 03:04, 03:04 AM
Hi Balada,

I'm not a senior member, but maybe I can offer some advice whilst sat here waiting for todays trading opportunities.

The concept of max loss is fairly simple in terms of coding and hats off to you for building your skills and learning to code, maintain at it and every day you will learn new things.

Prior to going down the path of excitement concerning the results look closely at what you have created, particularly important is the style of EA you have created. For example, if it's a scalper, choosing trades for not many pips, then please be sure you have considered the backtest effects with an opinion to disperse and slippage as these exist in the actual world. A fantastic many people new to backtesting overlook this, consider me that in the majority of instances their hopes are dashed against the wall once the reality is observable when forward testing.

Another area to consider too, is to look at how you may have filtered your transactions - often the best of people fall into the trap of over optimising and ending up having a curve fitted EA. That is a trick of all the scammers selling their glitzy Robots.

Now, I'm a Tradestation programmer so can't offer advice on your individual coding difficulty, nor is this thread regarding coding. There are many threads on here that will have the ability to actually help you along with a very simple search will supply you with the place to find it.

I hope this was of some use - joyful programming...

04oxmio96
08-18-2023 04:25, 04:25 AM
It is possible to freely find EA's to handle your own transaction, however you still need to let you know what to do. Telling it what to do would be determined by the manner of trading that you're using.

There was just one EA I came across that you could set to scaleout at pre-defined profit targets, to move your stop in different increments and trail. I am positive if you really do a fast search on the forum you will discover it.

My experience of trailing stops is that they are a poor way to manage trades, they might have virtue if you want to trade the news, or fast moving markets, however additional... I perfectly get your stage

@D8d3: Sorry, I am not able to take on any new job at the moment. There are a number of developers who place at FF that could provide help. There are a few threads like your requests will be coded by me for free. You may prefer to try sending one of them a Personal Message.

@Melpheos: I am gradually automating my trading method, expecially the exits. It is very much a work in progress. Listed below are two trade management EAs that I am aware of, however I haven't tried either of them.
Https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/trading-system-and-egies/100-trades-week.html
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/trading-discussion/91-outcome-happened.html

@Happyaslarry: I could relate to much of what you say. If TA can offer an edge with entrances, then specialized exits should possibly do likewise, as the market (except possibly for broker manipulation) cares little to whether I am entering or exiting. I haven't been able to calculate/establish a mathematical edge with fixed (TP/SL) type, i.e. non invasive, exits. IMO win rate and RR operate in roughly inverse proportion to each other. I am unaware of an EA that specifically uses technical (e.g. S/R, pivots, 00 kind ) exits.

I don't find discipline too much of a problem (especially as I am trading mainly in demo, LOL). If one TP/trailing stop works about as well as any other, and then I am pleased to just place the trade and walk off, come what might. Using relative currency strength and multi-time-frame analysis as part of my entrance egy makes automating it a significant task. And it's a work in progress, I'm still very much learning. Thank you for pointing the multi purpose EA (I allready knew the Manage Take Profit) I will take a look in to it.