PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody experienced stops being hit more frequently?

Chmislayn
10-11-2010 19:51, 07:51 PM
I've been trading profitably for awhile now and assembled a account $1000 starting balance, to some size. Lately I've been having a harder time trading. My system relies on tight stops and leverage. My stops appear to be getting struck as of late much more frequently. I thought I would be the last man on this forum to blame anything in my broker and I'm still not stating my broker is the issue. Just wondering if anybody who has built up a smaller account has struck some issues as their account develops. I'm thinking perhaps the amounts I was trading weren't significant enough to justify my broker hedging my position and I've crossed a certain threshold where now they are hedging all of my positions causing more ceases to get struck. Maybe I'm just paranoid but if that makes any sense, things seem to get a distinct feel. This is the reason I ask. Thank you Beforehand.

juanbammema
08-13-2023 19:00, 07:00 PM
If you believe that your broker's intentionally running stops from you, compare your charts to free online charts, such as here in FF or in dailyfx dot com. If your charts differ by more than a few pips, then you may be on to something.

To be specialized, your broker is not'hedging' against you, he is taking another side of your trade. This is not a bad thing because if you would like to buy you require someone to market to you, and vice versa. If your broker did not do this, you could not have a position.

It's possible and probable that some/many participants at the wider market are conducting stops and you're getting picked-off along with countless others, but it's very unlikely you're the particular target.

Rob

Nievece1
08-13-2023 20:20, 08:20 PM
Do you know the exact win rate of your system? Some systems have a success rate and occasionally is normal to get 20 loses in a row.

MOGEMJOXXY
08-13-2023 21:41, 09:41 PM
I doubt the brokers have that much interest in you, but it's likely for them to configure the chart itself against you. Put simply they can show you an chart. Don't believe that? Have a look at the client agreement. A number of them reserve the right in black and white, and the cftc is concerned about margin Have you considered the volatility of late? Perhaps your stop is set too close. Just eyeball the size of the pubs on the time period, or Have a look at the ATR you exchange. Make sure you figure in spread . That just may be the problem.

[QUOTE Just wondering if anyone who has built up a smaller account has encountered some issues as their account develops. I am thinking perhaps the numbers I had been trading weren't important enough to justify my own broker hedging my place and possibly I've crossed a certain threshold where they're hedging all of my positions causing more ceases to get hit. Perhaps I am just paranoid but things seem to get a feel that is different if that makes any sense. This is the only reason why I ask. Thanks Beforehand. [/quote]

zomska
08-13-2023 23:02, 11:02 PM
While I hear tight stops I have a tendency to assume you're scalping on low (lowest?) Tf as I like to do. If you're trading using a bucket shop you need to know if you scalp that you're at the winner to some extent of the bucket. Fx is an otc market and there is not one price - but there needs to be a grasp of this rolling interbank price that any imbalance might not be arb'erectile dysfunction. So that the bucketshop is manufacturing the price within specified constraints. Still, on tf the bucket has an chance to oscillate the buy/sell equilibrium or to run stops within those limits. Not to do so would be analogous to you not pausing to pick up $100 bills that are random that have been lie in your path you go, each minute of this day. Butalso, if the bucket didn't protect himself it would be too simple to enter no-risk 100-lot trades for 1 pip winners all day.

Quite simply, the tighter your stops, the further you're relying on luck - luck your broker's stop vacuum will probably miss your stop.

There is something of a workaround, however. It's possible to observe what sort of range of oscillation is present from the PA at any time by taking a look at the tf. This will allow you to evaluate how small of a prevent you will get away with for the initiation of this trade and then for transferring the sl to be...

zomska
08-14-2023 00:23, 12:23 AM
There is something of a workaround, however. It's possible to observe which sort of range of oscillation is present in the PA at any time by looking at the tf. This will allow you to evaluate how little of a stop you may get away with for the initiation of this trade and then for moving the sl to be.... Just an instance, market currently not tradeable, but these oscillations are often there. Are they natural or contrived?
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/1519362660580546820.png

Chmislayn
08-14-2023 01:43, 01:43 AM
Thank You for the responses. I appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out. I'm aware of just how most of these retail brokers operate that execute trades . I'm thinking of switching to an ECN (have my eye on interactive brokers) in a bid to avoid some of these issues. I was asking because when I had been trading mini's I never seemed to run into any issues with stop searches. Now that I'm up to normal lots it feels like I'm being hunted from time to time. I have been comparing my own brokers feed into the one here and it never changes over a couple pips but a couple of pips is. I'm putting real tight ceases at strong support/resistance amounts where I've a nice confluence of indiors. Price just seems to creep up and bite me in the ass real fast and then turn respecting the level but carrying me out. Together with my current egy I can't really afford to use larger stops unless I scale back my leverage. The egy was functioning excellent before I started trading larger lots which is the reason why I was asking. Could be a coincidence but that seems unlikely.

Edit: and yeah, trading off of this 5m chart only holding trades for a few min. Perhaps I need to try out those time frame charts you posted. I really don't like trading but may not be a bad idea. On the m5 a lot of this time that it appears like price is not close my stop once I get removed.

zomska
08-14-2023 03:04, 03:04 AM
Could just be a coincidence but that seems unlikely. Try entering little opposite the direction you'd like to exchange and then entering bigger in authentic direction upon stop-out

or perhaps use mental stops

hard to beat the home though, amigo, and that's just the plain fact

Chmislayn
08-14-2023 04:25, 04:25 AM
try entering little opposite the direction you'd like to trade and then entering larger in true direction upon stop-out

or maybe use mental stops

hard to beat the home however, amigo, and that is just the plain truth
Ha ha, I like how you think. Beat them at their own game. But yeah, I see what you mean. Should you tell me the rules of the sport I'll find a way. It gets hard when you don't know the rules.

luisfc88
08-14-2023 05:46, 05:46 AM
Ha ha, I like how you think. Beat them. But yeah, I see what you mean. If you tell me the rules of this game I will find a way to win. Once you don't understand the rules 11, it gets hard. The smaller the timeframe, the bigger the unnatural oscillations become. As someone else pointed out, the broker has to guard itself from'pick pocketers'. Ever notice price halts close to your take profit? 1 way to beat this is by setting your TP greater and manually closing before TP attained or setting no TP completely (altough broker always knows what direction is profit for you). It gets hard for brokers to manipulate price/feed the bigger the timeframe. Of course the lifetime of this trade is longer bringing swaps and interest .

You likely know the rules better than you think. It's you versus the broker AND the market in a numbers game. You can not over play with your positions. You've got to have the ability to weather the storms. If you can do this it is possible to expect a nice profit with time (out of a % standpoint). Forex could be profitable and fun despite what people say. At least I find the challenge fun. Forex is the most difficult thing I have ever encountered.

My advice to newbies or fighting intermediates is reduced your risk of loss (greater tf, smaller position dimensions, higher SL TP range, etc).

Chmislayn
08-14-2023 07:07, 07:07 AM
The smaller the timeframe, the larger the unnatural oscillations become....
Thank you for the information. It is interesting that you mention that about the take profits because I have noticed my take profits consistently take a few seconds to do where as my stops are often taken out that the millisecond price comes close to them, often times that the platform will seem to round to my stop even though price does not actually hit it (example: stoploss in .3830 and has executed when high reaches .38298). I do notice that I feel something fishy is up it's always subtle. Price never appears to vary more than a pip or 2 tops compared to other brokers, but it still has annoying. I guess I can remedy this with wider stops. Seems as though my broker didn't begin playing these games on me until I was always profitable and started trading larger lots though. I am beginning to worry that perhaps your broker will do more and more to take out you the money you earn with them. As I mentioned when I was profitable with a smaller account I didn't seem to notice anything but today as my account has grown larger it appears to be getting harder.

oxmialb
08-14-2023 08:27, 08:27 AM
Thanks for the info. It's interesting that you mention that about the take profits since I've noticed my take profits consistently take a couple of seconds to do where as my stops are usually taken out the millisecond price comes close to them, often times the platform will appear to round to my stop even though price doesn't really hit it (example: stoploss at .3830 and gets executed when high is at .38298). Let me see. You sold. Your stoploss is 0.3830. The price goes against you and reaches 0.38298. The broker closes your own position. How rude, is not it?

Really this is how the market operates. Your cease means that you are eager to buy at 0.3830. If someone is willing to sell for you at a price that's larger or equal to 0.3830 than you have to buy, according to your order.

0.38298 is your Bid price and Metatrader shows the Bid as the current price. However, the Ask is Bid Spread therefore the Ask was larger than 0.3830.

Your broker is most likely a market maker and a bucket shop so he is trading against youpersonally, you don't really buy or sell, your orders are between you and him.

jllugolwz
08-14-2023 09:48, 09:48 AM
Think about using market orders or stop limit orders to depart your transactions? Does your system allow this? In case you decide to use a market order, then place a stop 2-3 times away from where you depart as a emergency stop reduction in case you eliminate internet/power/etc.

Chmislayn
08-14-2023 11:09, 11:09 AM
Thank you for the info. Yeah, I am kind of pressured into using larger stops now. Worked okay for me another day, just a bit painful when they are hit. I simply thought it was odd that the frequency where my ceases where hit improved drastically. It made me think I popped up on my brokers radar or something.

Fomlinemipks
08-14-2023 12:30, 12:30 PM
Have you tried something like this?
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/15193626622047323832.mq4

paugal
08-14-2023 13:50, 01:50 PM
Forex is constantly changing, we are always being told this. Your system (and also my system for that matter) can not win on every trade we take. And it's going to be the same to your stoplosses. In my experience (and given it's not all that long) my trading success may even be influenced by the period of year (individuals on vacations, certain holidays themselves etc.).

Not every trade will proceed according to plan. I've frequently take transactions with the expectation of seeing them making me a profit simply to view these initially thoughts in the wrong direction and you simply have a certain quantity of space before your stops are struck.

I remember early last year, I entered a commerce thinking that it looked as great as it could be only to observe matters quicly go sour. I saw on my news report thread that a name had dumped a lot of money in my pair forcing it to go another way.

Chmislayn
08-14-2023 15:11, 03:11 PM
Have you tried something like this?
That is for metatrader correct? My broker doesn't provide metatrader so I am forced to utilize their java based trading platform. It isn't feasible to configure MT4 for use on Oanda API is it?
In reaction to betting, I concur with you. Markets are constantly changing so your trading platform has to have some components to it. I may just be paranoid. If they're manipulating price it is never by over a pip or two. I've really been pleased with them. Just seemed like things changed so I was wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar.

Fomlinemipks
08-14-2023 16:32, 04:32 PM
That's for metatrader right? ... Yeah sorry MT4. You might try starting a thread on Platform Tech and somebody may help.

zomska
08-14-2023 17:53, 05:53 PM
The ckskers can not hit my ceases cuz I utilize psychological ones. I have an out of range cease placed although the trade begins but will move it in to have stopped when I struck a loss limitation.

No, what they do to me is much more heavy handed than cease hunting: they just glitch up the platform to the extent that it will become hard to exchange.

You can not win I tells ya.

Chmislayn
08-14-2023 19:13, 07:13 PM
The ckskers can not hit my stops cuz I just utilize psychological ones. I have an out of range cease placed although the trade begins but will move in it to have stopped when I hit at a reduction limitation.

No, what they do to me is more heavy handed than cease hunting: they just glitch up the platform to the extent that it becomes hard to exchange.

You can not win I tells ya. Ha ha, so if you're not an idiot and lose all your money by yourself, the brokers have to take matters into their own hands?

luisfc88
08-14-2023 20:34, 08:34 PM
The ckskers can't hit my stops cuz I simply use mental ones. I have an out of range cease placed although the trade begins but will transfer in it to get stopped when I struck a reduction limit.

No, what they do to me is more heavy handed than cease hunting: they simply glitch up the platform to the extent that it will become hard to trade.

You can't win I tells ya. I really don't think about this as paranoia. I think it prudent to be safe with your money regardless of whether broker is out for you or not. I do believe they have their suggestions. With that said you can play games with them too in the event that you have multiple/sub accounts. You can put orders in opposite directions and move the stops around to lure it to the others accept profit. It's tricks like people that get them to resort to messing with the platform as eluded to. Fantastic luck.

Chmislayn
08-14-2023 21:55, 09:55 PM
I don't think about it as paranoia. I think it prudent to be secure with your money regardless of whether broker is out for you personally or not. I really do believe that they have their tricks. With that said you can play games with them too in the event that you have accounts. You are able to put orders in reverse directions and proceed the stops around to bait it to others accept profit. It's tricks like people that make them resort to messing with the platform as eluded to. Good luck.
Yeah, I am only beginning to believe they don't need me scalping. That I had been expanding my account and I did not begin with a equilibrium. I am guessing they did not really care but today that my account is becoming bigger it is beginning to annoy them. Might have to change my egy and exchange time frames.

jesusin75
08-14-2023 23:16, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I am just beginning to believe they do not need me scalping. That is how I had been expanding my account and that I did not start out with a balance. I am guessing they did not really care but now that my account is becoming bigger it is beginning to frighten them. Trade time frames and might have to switch my egy . Of course bucket shops do not want traders to scalp as its hard to counter the party in time.

Awesome, you've never told us what period you primarily trade? I feel that bit of info can inform us what going wrong.

Chmislayn
08-15-2023 00:37, 12:37 AM
Of course bucket shops do not want traders to scalp as its difficult to counter the party in time.

, you have never told us exactly what timeframe you primarily trade? I believe that bit of info can tell us exactly what going wrong.
I usually use 1H, 30M and 5M time frames to draw out my charts and search for nice confluence. I use 1M for entrances when price reaches these areas. I usually play with the bounce off these areas for 5-10 pips which was very dependable when I was trading smaller. I was using higher leverage therefore these 5-10 pips would give returns. My ceases would usually be about two pips. Like I said, when I was trading lot sizes I'd be able to knock these trades out all day. Stops would get struck around 25% of the time and usually if they have hit it was a rest of the support/resistance level and price would continue to proceed past. I've been climbing up my place size as my account has increased and employing exactly the egy it seems like ceases are being struck 60-70percent of the time. Price breaks the amounts on my charts high enough to take out my ceases and then proceeds to bounce back as I had originally anticipated it would. I am not along for the ride.

anpkhipkcmuz
08-15-2023 01:57, 01:57 AM
Hey amazing, 2pip stops are mad in this market guy. You seemingly had something which was working and it's not. Finest advice is to attempt to get using a tier two PB broker (a prime of a prime) who provides an institutional ECN platform for example fxtrades CNX, do not waste your time with viking CNX bullshit like FXDD and the likes offer because of their institutional platform. You can find this for about 20k where it used to be 50k deposit. You need that type of broker using a egy like this, as you are going to be getting amazing execution and you'll be seeing interbank pricing.

In case you can not do that, perhaps this is an idea...

Don't go in high leverage on the very first transaction, go in smaller and also give yourself more space, once it goes against you to where your stop'would be', add more or wait for it to turn around then add greater in... in other words, build your position. If you were going for instance for pips, split your position up to 3 10:1 positions.

If this doesn't work, then it is obviously your egy was never a good one.

Your broker is not targeting your stops personally unless it is a f'n hack shop. They may aim aggregate stops whenever they can in certain situations based on the model... maybe if they can pop 1-2 ticks at all although I've seen pictures of some really shady shit, they were clearly hardcore buckets, and probably from business. I trade with Oanda and that I don't see anything mad occurring the regular f'ed up forex crap pulled by dealers and major players which is why I love this market!

Like fool said, if I was still doing tight exits such as this, the only thing I would be worried about is if they glitched my feed... so I also suggest you get another feed to look at, something neutral like prorealtime.com... see if they're seriously messing with you, and if they're, it is possible to show them mess up and they will almost certainly tell you it was a server issue or whatever and return, if not, get the hell out of there.

Chmislayn
08-15-2023 03:18, 03:18 AM
Hey awesome, 2pip stops are crazy in this market man. You had something which worked and it's not. Finest advice would be to attempt to get using a tier 2 PB broker (a prime of a prime) who offers a institutional ECN platform for example fxtrades CNX, do not waste your time with viking CNX bullshit such as FXDD and the likes offer because of their institutional platform. You can find this for about 20k now, where it was minimum deposit. You really need that type of broker using a scalping egy like this, as you are going to be receiving amazing execution...
Thanks man, I appreciate the information. I was actually looking at interactive brokers as I've heard good things about them. Not sure about their trading platform. Downloaded a demo of it and it turned out to be a mess. You're right though. Whatever the reason might be doesn't really matter I suppose. What was functioning doesn't seem to be working so I will need to change things up.

anpkhipkcmuz
08-15-2023 04:39, 04:39 AM
No problem, btw, I understand some folks scalping with IB they're fine, only thing I really don't enjoy is there commission rates for that fashion... but it is doable.

Casal
08-15-2023 06:00, 06:00 AM
The ckskers can not hit my ceases cuz I simply utilize psychological ones. I have an out of range cease put when the trade begins but will move in it to get stopped once I hit a reduction limitation.

No, what they do to me is much more heavy handed than cease hunting: they simply glitch up the platform to the extent that it will become hard to trade.

You can not win I tells ya. I dont get it, they proceed price out of the real price... isnt that free arbitrage cash for u?

zomska
08-15-2023 07:20, 07:20 AM
like idiot said, if I was still doing tight scalping like that, the one thing I'd worry about is if they glitched my feed... so I suggest you get another feed to check at, something neutral like prorealtime.com... determine if they are seriously messing with you, and if they are, it is possible to show them there mess up and they will most likely tell you it was a server issue or whatever and take it back, otherwise, get the hell out of there. It is not glitching the feed, but its just gumming up the platform so it doesn't work. Certain essential functions don't operate, platform freezes during gambling, etc..

Attempt putting a $100/pip commerce in a scalping egy with a massive out-of-range stop that you mean to transfer then all of a sudden the platform is unresponsive or moves offline completely. Bucket broker can automate that also...

Casal
08-15-2023 08:41, 08:41 AM
you Aren't after what I have said very well I ain't got time to Get an english lesson oh u aint the thread starter, I was asking the thread starter, humble apology

zomska
08-15-2023 10:02, 10:02 AM
oh u aint the thread starter, I was asking That the thread starter, humble apology reciproion, posts deleted

anpkhipkcmuz
08-15-2023 11:23, 11:23 AM
it is not glitching the feed, but its only gumming up the platform so that it doesn't work. Certain essential functions don't operate, platform freezes through gambling, etc..

Attempt putting up a $100/pip trade in a scalping egy with a huge out-of-range stop which you intend to move then all of a sudden the platform is unresponsive or moves offline completely. Bucket broker can automate that also... nicely right then and there, you should be talking about yourself... well they do not enjoy this kind of trading apparently. Like that occurs, the something is the second your capital should be moving elsewhere.

Also, scalping 1M dimensions with a bucketshop isn't the brightest idea, because that would imply you have sufficient cash to get a broker and platform which would not be acting like that with an additional plus of better pricing.

zomska
08-15-2023 12:43, 12:43 PM
well right then and there, you ought to be saying to yourself... well they do not enjoy this style of trading here seemingly. The something like that occurs is the second your capital ought to be moving elsewhere.

Also, scalping 1M size with a bucketshop is not the brightest idea, since that would imply you have enough cash for a broker and platform that would not be acting like that with an extra plus of much superior pricing. You're not helping me Monroe, but that's fine. Truth is that I exchange alot of different styles. What they don't like is to observe that result in returns that are consistent. Spot Currency Market is a casino. If you beat your house for somebody that is a long time will be there to break your thumbs.

anpkhipkcmuz
08-15-2023 14:04, 02:04 PM
94854I'm not trying to aid you Fool, I was just saying, you may need to be dumb because it makes no sense to exchange with that size, especially like that using a bucketshop.

Retail FX is like a casino, so in the event that you've got enough money, you skip retail altogether is what I am saying and that will not occur.

Banks don't care if you make money, they care if you are arbing them if it is way to quick for them to cancel it.

zenkievil
08-15-2023 15:25, 03:25 PM
94854Now guys if you come to the conclusion that retail Foreign Exchange is a casino, I don't understand all that uproar when someone says they're gambelling and prices move largely randomly. And bucket shop brokers... http://www.youtube.com/embed/EpsKKPuTYCI describes them well.

anpkhipkcmuz
08-15-2023 16:46, 04:46 PM
Now guys if you arrive at the conclusion that retail Currency Market is a casino, then I don't understand all that uproar when someone says they are gambelling and prices proceed largely blatantly. And bucket store brokers... http://www.youtube.com/embed/EpsKKPuTYCI explains them well. ... enjoy a casino meaning they don't enjoy it when you are consistently winning, taking cash from them, the house, they will do things to alter this.

It actually Depends upon the broker along with the model. I referred to them messing with the platform to allow you to lose. Nothing related to randomness in price motion along with the act of not gaming or betting.

Trading spot Currency Market in an interbank degree within an institutional platform differs. Unless you are stealing from them, for example with rapid arbs... then a bank can and will shut down your line if you're anonymous. They have look on many platforms, and if they see you are being a small weizelthey don't like it, and they don't need to take another side if it is not in their interest. EBS on the other hand, they can't ID youpersonally, but you want to be using a PB. All in all, you need to know the game.

The retail Currency Market broker, which differs, in fact you are not actually trading on the interbank spot market or it is true pricing.

SH
08-15-2023 18:07, 06:07 PM
94854Hi all,

IMHO, I have been investing for a while (possibly 5 years), the last two in Currency Market, and I also believed that my stops were struck intentionally. However, thinking about it in a way I wondered'will my broker really move the market to achieve my 3 or 4 dollars by hitting on my halt? 'Or even when I risk 40 dollars?'

I don't think so. So I reviewed my plan, and assessed my egies, and discovered my errors.

BTW, I don't use the broker's charts. I utilize an independent data provider. That is why I know that it is not the broker movement that is intentional.

Hope that this adds information.

Best Regards and Happy Pips to all,

Chmislayn
08-15-2023 19:27, 07:27 PM
I dont get it, they move price from the real price... isnt that free arbitrage money for u?
Not if they simply move it to activate stops. If you did put smaller commerce with stop and then put trade in direction when the transfer price to activate stop, you may need to understand when they are not and when they are stop hunting. Prices usually differ by a pip or two between brokers so it's difficult to tell when they are moving price and when the are not. Additionally, I'm not saying my broker is hunting me down. Looking for advice. It is always good to know what you are up against.

Eloisa77
08-15-2023 20:48, 08:48 PM
94854There are two great places to be.
#1 is small enough that your broker does not care.
#2 is big enough that your broker has trouble trading from you.

between, just be careful.

xx88pmegapkm88xx
08-15-2023 22:09, 10:09 PM
94854I don't know whether there's a bit of paranoia going on here. Given that 95 percent of retail traders shed (seemingly ), then the retail broker is earning $$$$ hand over fist anyway. What type of money are we talking about this? I would not have thought the retail broker could be bothered about someone unless they had been smacked by them . Anybody want to give me an idea about what type of money they made before their platform began running their ceases or glitching up?

Eloisa77
08-15-2023 23:30, 11:30 PM
Paranoid or not, here's an example of the tricks brokers can/do utilize against their clients as per an NFA instance against Gain Capital/Forex. Com registered in June of this year.

http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/CaseDocument.aspx?seqnum=2461

xx88pmegapkm88xx
08-16-2023 00:50, 12:50 AM
Paranoid or not, here's a good example of the little suggestions brokers can/do use against their customers according to an NFA instance against Gain Capital/Forex. Com registered in June of the year. Hmmmm, interesting. That is sick. Never traded with them and never will. Have heard of this Virtual Dealer plug-in although I was not conscious that Gain Capital/Forex. Com had a terrible reputation.

I generally don't use stops. Position sizes are modest enough to not be worried about it but I've had a few times were slipped by my T/P together with Oanda and that's never happened with any other broker I have traded with.

I am still interested to hear what kind of money (just ballpark figure) individuals made before they started noticing their ceases getting hit more frequently though. Anyone??? Anyone in the 5% out there??? Hello???

mebu
08-16-2023 02:11, 02:11 AM
There are two great places to be.
#1 is small enough that your broker does not care.
#2 is big enough that your broker has difficulty trading from you.

In between, just be more careful.
For #2: How does your broker have difficulty trading from you? If you want to buy 100 units your broker has to sell you those components. In a bucket-shop your broker is trading against you.

If your broker is passing your orders into the actual market then it isn't important where your position goes or how big it is because they already made their distribute.

Gbo.7
08-16-2023 03:32, 03:32 AM
Paranoid or not, here is a good example of the small suggestions brokers can/do use contrary to their customers as per an NFA case against Gain Capital/Forex. Com registered in June of this year.

http://www.nfa.futures.org/basicnet/CaseDocument.aspx?seqnum=2461 Yikes! If this is the first case of a dealer getting smacked upside the head for gaming the system with Boston's VD 25, I wonder?

Anyone still doing business with Profit after reading that case is simply asking for trouble. That is one (alleged ) criminal association.

Eloisa77
08-16-2023 04:53, 04:53 AM
for #2: How does your broker have difficulty trading from you? If you would like to buy 100 units your broker has to sell you these units. Your broker is trading against you. True, to a point. But not every broker is a bucket-shop and while the (bucket-shop) broker may not have difficulty trading against the customer it's a fairly common belief that traders are lumped into two egories by a (bs) broker. You don't get to choose which egory your're in. You take from there which might mean.

Guamapo
08-16-2023 06:13, 06:13 AM
This is very usefull thread that I think requires sharing of experiece of every member because I also have noticed that whenever there's handsome profit in the account,it disturbs so fastely I can not even know what's happening and every technique sounds going against me.

Chmislayn
08-16-2023 07:34, 07:34 AM
Hey, did not realize this thread was still happening. Thought I would share my experience changing my egy a bit along with other individuals. I had mentioned that my stops were getting hit while scalping or holding trades for shorter periods of time whilst using stops. I am using mental stops today (still have an emergency cease set up 15-20 pips away from psychological stop only in case internet goes outside or platform shuts down). I am basically trading exactly the same way I had been and when price appears to breach my amounts then I get from this transaction. Things feel like they are back to normal. Not sure if broker was playing games or when increased volatility in the market was the cause of my problem but anything it may be, this seems to have solved it at least for today. Thanks again for all the advice.

pumi2131961
08-16-2023 08:55, 08:55 AM
GBPUSD trading last night gave me reason to question this practice.Is moving the StopLoss into breakeven a trading decision or not? Does this practice enhance profitability? Then why do I take action if that isn't a practice that is useful? https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/15193626751464314481.png

SH
08-16-2023 10:16, 10:16 AM
GBPUSD trading last night gave me reason to question this practice.Is transferring the StopLoss into breakeven a trading decision or not? Does this practice improve profitability? Then why do I take action, if that is not a practice that is helpful? Https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/15193626762086342668.png Hi ,

This is dependent on your trading plan. You just don't have time to move the SL in any way, if you are a scalper.

One of the maximum rules is: to not let a winning commerce become a loser . Then, from that stage, and imho, it is essential to move it. When? It depends on your own trading plan and your egy.

If you discover that BE is struck too frequently, then maybe your transferring it too premature. Make the exercise: what could have happened if you had not moved it? Would the SL happen to be struck thus having a loose? If that is the situation you should review the egy.

From the figure you article you are entering in a consolidation phase. No trend. Simply lotery (unless there's some fantastic reason behind, i.e. your egy). The first one is a loose, the next one is a BE, but could have been a loose. Imho, the entrance point is not correct.

However, again, this can be imho.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards and Happy Pips

pumi2131961
08-16-2023 11:37, 11:37 AM
One of the greatest rules is: to not let a winning commerce become a loser . From that point, and imho, it is essential to move it. When? It is dependent upon your own trading program along with your egy. Gonso, many thanks for your well thought out reply.

Another high priority target is protect trading funds, which is just another reason that moving the halt to BE is deemed essential.

Another option I have attempted is closing one third of this trade on a quick small goal (eg 40). The profit banked on this third matches the residual risk on the other two thirds. If price now takes out the halt I possess the profit and the reduction cancelling out each other to get a web of zero loss/gain. The benefit I see is I can leave the stop where I placed it. The commerce is given more room to breath by this.

Example:0.15 lots SL -20, risk = -30 close 0.05 lots at 40, profit banked = $20 remaining 0.10 lots SL -20, risk = $-20 In theory, we can attain zero risk without moving the halt to BE.