PDA

View Full Version : Manual Trading vs Automatic Trading - Suggestions?

oxnu4391
12-18-2013 14:13, 02:13 PM
Hi,
within this market so many player come for triumph but I think 90% lose the match.
I invite hints which is very good for trading
Manual Trading
Automatic Trading (Robot)

previous couple of days my friend try various kinds of egy but always lose the game.
Along with other one begin his journey together with automatic trading and he said this time I'll win but again lose the game because he did not got any fantastic Robot.
I believe when Robot give him steady returns he would like more making thus fell.

I play game Robot as well as Manual. Robot provide me Steady Returns (20 percent ) and between my egy improve 10-20% profit.

Kindly suggest the good out of the Trading Pattern.

Thanks.
(sorry for grammatical mistakes)

quincoces86
12-07-2021 14:35, 02:35 PM
Did come across a few threads asking for somebody to come up with an EA on digital forum..and of course, a number of responses popped up. But the question you need to ask is why, if such programmers can program such a fantastic EA, they are remaining Fx market. . Ding ding, there's no holy grail. . Agree with you. There's no holy grail. I prefer manual trading. It will give you some knowledge and control over the trades

Inmema
12-07-2021 15:56, 03:56 PM
Zz, you are doing great!

However, you are an excellent developer, you'd tools to come up with your'edge' - I believe it's a fundamental one -- as natural as market itself, and you understand trading.

Therefore that it is'perfectly viable'

but generally, it's very hard to loe one capable of merely one of three things above. In actual life, the tools and ability to come up with the robot are extremely demanding(therefore only wall st can). Therefore, manual trading is the direct path, for ordinary joe. Having been profitable? Then we can automate as many components as possible of the trading process.

quoteAutomated FX trading is absolutely feasible if you understand what you do.

gemii99
12-07-2021 17:17, 05:17 PM
why you have ta keep an eye if it certainly rule? Not quite rational you keep an eye regular? Or 100 eye regular? Did you count? quote 100 eye?? Now I've heard everything, I figure anything walking around with 100 eye belongs in the Simpsons movie or an alternate version of our world. I wonder if 100 eye equals 100 arms and legs too?

Moving on, keepin' a close watch on the markets - great idea and yes, the market is evolving and anyone who believes it doesn't, should rethink their egy. In terms of calling the market accurately, no one's managed to do it yet to the closest pip however, the quest is still on. All stated, guide trading is the only way to efficiently exchange in a growing market..and that's why most EAs fail after a few months.

ealvamwzz
12-07-2021 18:38, 06:38 PM
I'd love to go for automated trading if I someone can build a robot which analyze and use fibo tools, EW principles and SPR level. .

fx
12-07-2021 19:58, 07:58 PM
IMHO mix is the best.

By way of instance, you can set specific goals where you would like to acquire an e-mail or sms so you would be glued to the display. EA-s may also enter trades but they rarely know when to depart.

Inmema
12-07-2021 21:19, 09:19 PM
Amol, it takes me 3 years to definitely realize that guide trading is just one of the prerequsites to the achievement. I hope it will not take you that long.

You take a look at it in several ways:

1. There are a lot more capable developers than profitable traders in this world, why is this?

2. You need to firstly trade profitably before you consider automation -- it will not sound plausible, but ponder a minute, I hope you will find the inherent logic.

3. The ultimate standing for a prosperous retail trader: he must make crucial trading choices (enter or exit), but he could automate the mechanic portions of trading procedure as much as you can. He can automate 99 percent of the procedure, but he could not fully automate everything. And what's more essential: you eliminate 99% automation from him, he'll still be profitable.

Now envision how you can arrive at that status.

Inmema
12-07-2021 22:40, 10:40 PM
Yeah, right, I would like someone just automatically provide me 10 million $. That kind of automation is much superior to yours, lol

do not escape from the reality that earning money is taking pains.

I would love to go for automated trading if I / someone can construct a robot that analyze and use fibo tools, EW principles and SPR level. .

ealvamwzz
12-08-2021 00:01, 12:01 AM
yeah, right, I'd like somebody just automatically provide me 10 million . That kind of automation is much superior to yours, lol don't escape from the truth that earning money is taking pains. quote
buy at monthly support 3 tp 50 pips per pair MM 1% per position?

Inmema
12-08-2021 01:22, 01:22 AM
If so easy, why don't you hire someone to code it fully auto for youpersonally?

Takes significantly less than $50 (might be liberated on tech section, if you try).

quote buy at monthly support 3 tp 50 pips each pair MM 1 percent per position?

oxvm39
12-08-2021 02:42, 02:42 AM
I tryed both variety of trading.
Thanks to my IT backgrount I made many trading robots together with indiors which I thought in and tryed to check
those robots every potential mix with these indiors. . And the consequence of testing with tick by tick data
wasn't good. I believe that guide trading have the biggest advantage on the market. I trade only manually.

gemii99
12-08-2021 04:03, 04:03 AM
Did come across a few threads asking for someone to come up with an EA on electronic forum..and of course, a number of answers popped up. But the question you want to ask is why, if these developers can program such a fantastic EA, they are staying off the Fx market. .
Ding ding, there is no holy grail. .

oxnu4391
12-08-2021 05:24, 05:24 AM
Did come across a few threads asking for someone to come up with an EA on electronic forum..and of course, a number of responses popped up. But the question you need to ask is why, if such programmers can program such a fantastic EA, they are remaining Fx market. . Ding ding, there's no holy grail. . Hello,
you stated quite right but I believe that the fault comes from users of EA
some of utilizing EA on low Balance.
A few of want maximum. Profit so tune it on High Risk. (likely it occurs because Forex market giving quite substantial yields )

I believe if user put EA parameter for medium and constant profit it'll better option for trading.

gemii99
12-08-2021 06:45, 06:45 AM
LOL I know..and FWIW, may never get tired of studying those sacred grail threads..let's face it, when the markets are slow since they're currently, during holiday season, we might as well binge on entertainment. .

gemii99
12-08-2021 08:05, 08:05 AM
quote Hi, you stated quite right but I believe that the fault stems from customers of EA a few of using EA on non Balance. Maximum is wanted by some of. Profit so tune it on High Risk. (likely it happens because Forex market giving quite substantial returns) I believe if user set EA parameter for medium and constant profit it'll better option for trading. Yes, newbies tend to get greedy but that is just what being a newbie is all about, but here's the nub, seasoned traders also have used EAs, simply to test the viability and of course, after a few months, they turned out to be a dud. .
Not saying all of the EAs out there'll wipe out your account, but most will..and those who may work, don't work that efficiently. .

Pmibommac
12-08-2021 09:26, 09:26 AM
We're the holy grail so. . .manual is the thing to do.

86.calaoxm
12-08-2021 10:47, 10:47 AM
Do anything is working. If it ai not broke, well you understand. .

No automated system may conquer a trader with working understanding of this market, the way to exploit this, and an edge. I know traders who barely have losing months, and likely lose 10-20percent while their winning weeks may bring 80% and as high as 200 percent. Can you really do it? Not anytime soon, but it's possible and it's optional trading meaning you cannot design an EA about it.

And don't take for these unrealistic returns because these people have studied markets and trading for years. If you are committed and motivated enough, and have plenty of time in your hands you could get there.

Flombemma
12-08-2021 12:08, 12:08 PM
I traded for about 7 decades, in the past couple of years I became a developer also: java and c largely.

Here is what I found so much:
A fully automated EA isn't going to work within the medium - long run.
Actually to make a fully autonomous profitable automated appliions (notice that I used automated appliions rather than EA) that you want to understand good math and programming. Physics is crucial.

But even then, you can't make certain you will have the ability to make something self-adaptable. If I remember right, even one of the most prestigious systematic mathematics driven hedge fund was feeding on their automated systems with some sort of discretionary info. The human mind is just too good at connecting different dots which a machine can not.
Personally I use my discretionary input as a alyst for the regime switching model. I am able to feel much faster when the market behavior
likely will alter than my algos can perform. (this is only me!) .

If you have any questions, feel free to ask

oxnu4391
12-08-2021 13:29, 01:29 PM
Hello.

mimaymccom
12-08-2021 14:49, 02:49 PM
I think it comes down to your personality/background, if your a Developer then the Transfer to automated trading might be alittle easier than Somebody with no programming Expertise, but both May be profitable if done correctly

gemii99
12-08-2021 16:10, 04:10 PM
Exactly, if you are a developer you should have the ability to tweak the automated system easily - however, for lay traders, based on a third party code to deliver great results each period is unrealistic. .

alekain13
12-08-2021 17:31, 05:31 PM
Hi Folks (1st post)

I'm new to see FX, but I traded futures extensively in the 1990s and for a time held a Series 3 license.

You need to be able to'read' the market from only a pub or candle chart to get any expectation of continuing profit. Why? Since the market is a non-stationary function. Not only do prices vary, but the principles of the market itself vary from time to time. That means that your RSI set to 14 bars can work great while the market is temporarily behaving like a 14-bar RSI anticipates. But as soon as the market abruptly changes to some other behavior model, you lose. Systems that can't self-adapt will almost always lose. If you don't have access to the highly complex methods like financial institutions use, your efforts to make money from crude moving averages and oscillators will probably wind up badly. Been there, done that. You are fighting a war with sticks and stones.

Indiors are very valuable to provide context information that aids in your choices, but you can't ever rely on just indiors. You have to find out what the market is really doing regarding its interaction with support and resistance levels. The market will tell you what is up in the event that you listen.

I recommend that newbies see the market, on 1 minute 5 minute bar charts, for a couple hours every day for many months. See the indiors you intend to use, and observe how they act when normal things occur and when strange things occur. Then apply those lessons to miniature real transactions (0.01 lots). You have to learn to understand patterns and read goals from the way in which the market moves, and there's absolutely no way that can occur IN REAL TIME without experience.

Good luck!

gaviglxu74
12-08-2021 18:52, 06:52 PM
Algo and HFT definitely rule, but you gotta keep an eye on the system.... Summing up all logic to some code is a great idea if it had been even reality.

Inmema
12-08-2021 20:12, 08:12 PM
Why you gotta keep an eye if it definitely rule? Not quite logical

you keep an eye everyday? Or 100 eye everyday? Did you count?

Algo and HFT definitely rule, however, you gotta keep your eye on the machine.... Summing up all logic into a code is a great idea if it were reality.

gaviglxu74
12-08-2021 21:33, 09:33 PM
why you have ta keep a watch if it definitely rule? Not quite logical you keep a watch regular? Or 100 eye regular? Can you count? quote Because there is no bug free code,

fx
12-08-2021 22:54, 10:54 PM
Code can only be as good as the Developer itself

Inmema
12-09-2021 00:15, 12:15 AM
Indeed, over years, I discovered for myself, a retail trader, the tons of efforts/time/energy spent on coding/debuging/eyeing EAs are extremely wasted compared to people on market

several times, EA traders believe they're trading, not really, they are handling EAs instead of markets.

quote. As for calling the market accurately, nobody's managed to do it to the nearest pip however, the quest is still on. All stated, guide trading is the only means to effectively exchange in a growing market..and that's why many EAs fail after a few months.

Inmema
12-09-2021 01:35, 01:35 AM
That is why I realise that you has to be manually profitable before considering an EA.

Code can be as good as the developer itself

MilaGC
12-09-2021 02:56, 02:56 AM
Good day everybody! My apology if I came to join this thread. Only a newcomer question

Only new here in nigeriaforextrading, still don't know how to begin a thread. Hope you could guide me .

Need help... Is there anybody here have an idea where can I hunt for the fiscal events/news since 2008?
Thank you everybody! Have a nice weekend!

gemii99
12-09-2021 04:17, 04:17 AM
really, over decades, I discovered for myself, a retail trader, the heaps of efforts/time/energy spent on coding/debuging/eyeing EAs are extremely wasted compared to those on market itself several occasions, EA traders think they are trading, not really, they are handling EAs rather than markets. quote LOL I know..used a couple EA's when I was a newbie and yeah, blew my accounts all the way to hell. I guess its all part of the learning procedure, bottom line if a market is evolving, no single egy will deliver results continuously. So choose for manual trading. .
This is the reason why most EAs require appliions tweaks every few weeks. .

femnangobemnalgokzalwz
12-09-2021 05:38, 05:38 AM
used a few EA's when I was a newbie and respectful, blew my accounts all of the way to hell. Then it looks as if you used the wrong EAs and you'd no understanding of money management. It constantly amazes people blow accounts. Unless there's some crazy technical issue, blowing an account ought to be nearly impossible for traders with even an ounce of risk management understanding.

I suppose its all part of the learning procedure, bottom line when a market is evolving, no single egy will send results constantly. Choose for manual trading. . This is why the majority of EAs require software tweaks each couple of weeks Please explain how the market is evolving. I read this type of thing every day. . .how the market is continually changing, but nobody explains how it's changing. No one wants to specify the different types of markets and how to identify when they change.

Some EAs have identified exactly what the market consistently does and do not require tweaks every couple of weeks. And they surely can deliver results constantly.

Automated forex trading is absolutely viable if you know what you do.

alekain13
12-09-2021 06:59, 06:59 AM
quote Please clarify how the market is evolving. I read this type of thing every day. . .how the market is constantly changing, but nobody explains how it is changing. No one dares to specify different types of markets and how to spot if they change. Ok. Are you familiar with GARCH? Otherwise, check into it and you will see exactly what I mean.

The market contains prices which change, but these changes have been influenced by an autoregressive memory procedure. That usually means that the past has an influence on the present and on the long run. But here is where it becomes tricky. The specific correlation between the present and the past is shing over time. That usually means that the equation of this market goes around according to its own dynamics. This is called a non-stationary procedure, one where the parameters of this equation are moving too; and this results in very complied, pseudo-periodic behavior.

This is how the market is constantly evolving, and it is always exactly the same.

The end result of this is that any system that is tuned to some specific periodicities will ultimately fail unless it is Autoadaptive. These systems do exist, so I am not arguing with you . But most people using moving averages do not have a prayer at the long run. Right?

My taste for manual trading is since I believe traders are much better served owning a more robust skill as opposed to a technology that might continue working years into the future. One can rely upon knowing the'lay of the land' when technology fails. I believe the ideal option is to learn how to trade manually, to see the market, and then to include all of the advanced technology you can find that helps in these choices. If some decisions could be automated, that is fine too. But I believe that there has to be a reasonable degree of manual oversight and direction on all this.

Just my preference. You do things completely how you want, and I really do hope you have great success in your own trades.

Nak1982
12-09-2021 08:19, 08:19 AM
Manual or automated both can operate and both can fail, so finally it is up to the trader.

For me personally at present it is a lot of automation and a little manual. In the future I would like to balance both approaches, but that may take some time as it demands from me a better comprehension of the markets compared to the one that I currently possess.

gemii99
12-09-2021 09:40, 09:40 AM
quote Then it seems as if you used the incorrect EAs and you had no understanding of money management. It constantly amazes how many men and women blow accounts. Unless there is some mad technical problem, blowing an account ought to be nearly impossible for traders with even an ounce of risk management understanding. quote Please clarify how the market is evolving. I read this kind of thing daily. . .how the market is continually changing, but nobody explains how it's changing. No one dares to define the different kinds of markets and how to spot if... That's funny, LOL. I earn more $$$$ now, thanks to manual trading than I could ever hope to do with a working EA. I guess I'm all in for manual and as for EAs, no thanks, we are all loaded , so go sell crazy elsewhere will be by answer to some EA sales pitch. .

bammill83
12-09-2021 11:01, 11:01 AM
After trying many EAs and always dropping, I have finally turned the corner with simple price action and consolidation places at S/R levels. I still use a script to place orders and position sizing and an EA for trade direction but the decision to trade is now all manual. I feel the most crucial portion of trading would be to fit a egy into the market state, an area where manual trading can outperform an automated system.

Jllee22
12-09-2021 12:22, 12:22 PM
There's no EA that can work over time with outside tracking.
Like airplanes, they can be completely fly automated for all phazes of the flight but nevertheless a crew of a minimum of three humans must be there to take care of extreme situation.

Now Imaging your automatic trader goes into intense situation, in spite of the fact that you aren't around?

Bottom line, EA is risk unless you work for it. And should you work for it, why not do the job for better reward with self trading?

gamuji18
12-09-2021 13:42, 01:42 PM
I think, there aren't any progr that are smarter of your brain, so just manual trading. I became a profit trader just with the support of my brain and technical assessing and I hadn't used robots.

Hamsa
12-09-2021 15:03, 03:03 PM
I presume, there aren't any progr which are smarter of your brain, so just manual trading. I became a profit trader just with the support of my mind and specialized assessing and I had not used robots. But robots can cause you to trading more profitable, isn't it?

Inmema
12-09-2021 16:24, 04:24 PM
Absolutely no foundation

why do you have such a concept?

I will tell you something robots can exchange faster than human beings, and that's it.

But being faster, doesn't mean more profitable.

On the flip side, wall st robots are very profitable, much more than me and you manual trading.

However, it includes exceptionally huge cost/resources. To get a random example, to run 1 robot, a finance need to hire 2 ivy league graduates and build a trading channel/link. That alone may be half a million per year to operate the robot.... Go figure

do we have these tools? We 99.9999% do not!

So we had better go direct. Manual way is for average joe, ordinary retail traders.

If you're a genius programmer with a lot of resources, then overlook my crap.

quote But robots can cause you to trading more profitable, isn't it?

gemii99
12-09-2021 17:45, 05:45 PM
Manual trading, do the demo or proceed ahead to live account, pref nano. In terms of EA's, they rarely work in the extended run..not worth it, just my 2 pennies. .

Hamsa
12-09-2021 19:06, 07:06 PM
absolutely no basis why do you have such a idea? I can tell you something , robots can exchange faster than human beings, and that is it. But being faster, doesn't mean more profitable. On the flip side, wall st robots are extremely profitable, much more than me and you guide trading. But it comes with incredibly huge cost/resources. To get a random example, to conduct 1 robot, a finance need to hire two ivy league graduates and build a trading channel/link. That alone could be half per cent each year to operate the robot.... Go figure do we have such resources? ... I mean, using robots with using analyzing and forecasts?