PDA

View Full Version : Best Trading Plogy Books

nanananila
04-28-2010 06:48, 06:48 AM
So I woke up last week with a new outlook and realized that a lot of the job I needed to do to be greater was with trading plogy. . .So far, I've been through the following novels and I'm doing better, but I still feel like I could use more information:

Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny! By Anthony Robbins

The ideal Side Of The Trade: Mind Mastery For Traders by Michael Ferree

Any other suggestions for good books on trading plogy?

Mxmio
12-28-2021 12:22, 12:22 PM
Trading is a Business By Joe Ross

ganfemcmes
12-28-2021 13:42, 01:42 PM
Trading at the zone - Mark Douglas

Not trading plogy related but worth the read
Fooled by randomness
The Black Swan, both by Nassim Taleb

nanananila
12-28-2021 15:03, 03:03 PM
Fooled by Randomness was great.

I'll definitely check out that one Ivan, thanks for the recommend!

Jllelf61
12-28-2021 16:24, 04:24 PM
Brett Steenbarger has composed a few excellent books on the market psych....they are available at Amazon.com. All traders would be well advised to read them.

pimuli
12-28-2021 17:45, 05:45 PM
Trade Your Way to Financial Freedom by Van K Tharp

I also agree with the previous posters about Elder, Steenbarger, and Douglas.

All essential reading for any serious trader.

sucko23
12-28-2021 19:05, 07:05 PM
Trading in the zone - Mark Douglas

Not trading plogy related but worth the read
Fooled by randomness
The Black Swan, both by Nassim Taleb
What Kihl Stated is correct. This book is not strictly about trading. I would say it is a fresh perspective on how the brain works that many folks probably don't understand. This is a very good book. Once you read it you will have a far greater comprehension of how and why you think some of the things you think in, some of them dating back to childhood. As soon as you have that understanding, then you can begin to take control of how and what you think and that is a powerful tool when you're trading.

iguco7
12-28-2021 20:26, 08:26 PM
Ari Kiev, Ari Kiev, Ari Kiev, Ari Kiev, Ari Kiev, Ari Kiev, Ari Kiev

you dont need anything else

lgpkni
12-28-2021 21:47, 09:47 PM
Plogy is so overhyped in trading. One's plogy is poor since they've non assurance in their transactions. One doesn't have confidence in their transactions since they don't have legitimate reasons for the achievement of the transactions within the long term.

JESUSVELALE
12-28-2021 23:08, 11:08 PM
I think not enough time to study all plogy novels.
Waste of time. Better create friendship with all market.

jppmokel73
12-29-2021 00:28, 12:28 AM
I believe insufficient time to study all plogy novels.
Waste of time. Better make friendship with all market. Some people have emotional baggages, they will need to come to terms together to create impartial views. So it is not all BS. It is the very obstacle that's stopping them from turning into a fantastic trader.

IMWIN92
12-29-2021 01:49, 01:49 AM
I really don't think she's a book yet but Denise Shull is good. Probably better than Mark Douglas - that is I thought was fine.

There are a couple of free webinars on

http://www.traderkingdom.com/experts/90-denise-shull

Siloeches
12-29-2021 03:10, 03:10 AM
Blah, I'll be really honest about the plogy of trading. Do not work yourself into a state which you need these types of books.

I have read:
Trading in the Zone
The author of Trading

And honestly, all I had to do was grow up

Reading these novels does nothing but make me think about ways my thoughts can undermine me and in so doing really compromise myself.

So here is my advice:

1) Create a method / system
two ) Follow it and make sure that you are able to follow it
3) When you are ready to go live, you will know you have done it in the past and if you stick with your method, there should be no gap

And boom, there goes your plogy issues.

I agree with an above article - do not have so much emotional baggage, just trade a plan which you make and you also have up to.

camvany
12-29-2021 04:31, 04:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/embed/unkIVvjZc9Y?origin=https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com

Ciclopelicana
12-29-2021 05:51, 05:51 AM
http://www.youtube.com/embed/unkIVvjZc9Y Awesome

Remember seeing this. If you know who Mark Chopper Reid is funnier.

His used to be one of those homes on my newspaper run infact. Long time ago.

But in keeping with the ribbon motif... So true!

JaviNP
12-29-2021 07:12, 07:12 AM
I think that the stress because of trading is too much. Trading is only possible if you stop with doing something else in academic level. I have heard that traders at companies just trade for few years. And than change to another job. Maybe the trick is to exchange for few months in a calendar year, and the remainder of the year reside someplace where there is no world wide web, no news

wiskass
12-29-2021 08:33, 08:33 AM
Trading in the Zone, as stated by a few of the previous posters, is decidedly among the very best!

Cebmian
12-29-2021 09:54, 09:54 AM
Ruth Barrons Roosevelt has some books on trading plogy.

CHISCOCHASCO
12-29-2021 11:14, 11:14 AM
I woke up last week with a fresh outlook and realized that a lot of the work I had to do to be better was with trading plogy. . .So far, I have been through the following books and I am already doing better, but I feel like I could use more information:

Awaken... accountable for posting here, but I am newbie here and can't start my own thread.

Guys, do you know a few good books for the beginner?

Thank

alvamo
12-29-2021 12:35, 12:35 PM
MY favorite book. The book that helped me understand market manipulation and the way to trade with the trend.

Reminiscences of a stock operator. Though it's a story there are a lot of psycological tips.

Favourite quote from the book

It is a bull market ya Know!

Refering to his friend that wishes to take his profits early on a commerce.

peqwcmis1
12-29-2021 13:56, 01:56 PM
My listing for a novice to read is ( or for any trader actually )

in this particular order

1. Mark douglas- the disciplined trader
2. Mark douglas- trading in the zone
3. martin pring - investment plogy
4. John carter - mastering the trade
5. Tharp - trade you way to financial freedom.

The last two arent FX associated but still have good plogy/ money managment chapters.

CHISCOCHASCO
12-29-2021 15:17, 03:17 PM
my listing for a novice to read would be ( or for any trader really)

in this particular order

1. Mark douglas- the disciplined trader
2. Mark douglas- trading in the zone
3. martin pring - investment plogy
4. John carter - mastering the trade
5. Tharp, van K- commerce you way to financial freedom.

The last 2 arent forex related but still have good plogy/ money managment chapters. thanks

selupkmmes
12-29-2021 16:37, 04:37 PM
Beyond Greed and Fear - Hersh Shefrin
Exceptional Trading - Ruth Roosevelt
Fooled by Randomness - Nassim Taleb
How to Control Stress to Become a More Successful Investor - Van K. Tharp
Investment Madness - John Nofsinger
The Disciplined Online Investor - Steven Hendlin
The Disciplined Trader - Mark Douglas
The Mentally Tough Online Trader - Robert Koppel
The Mind of the Market - F. J. Chu
The Plogy of Risk - Ari Kiev
The Tao of Trading - Robert Koppel
The 21 Irrefutable Truths of Trading - John Hayden
The Way of the Warrior Trader - Richard McCall
Trading in the Zone - Mark Douglas
Trading in the Zone: Maximizing Performance with Focus and Discipline - Ari Kiev
Trading, Gender, and Death - Juel Anderson, David Caplan
Trading to Win - Ari Kiev
12 Habitudes of Highly Successful Traders - Ruth Barrons Roosevelt
Winning the Mental Way - Karlene Sugarman

cochilex
12-29-2021 17:58, 05:58 PM
Pretty useless books.

You might enjoy checking out something such as Trading in the Zone by Mark Douglas, but do not expect these trading plogy books to teach you anything you could not have figured out on your own. All that trading signs they assert to be showing is nothing but commonsense actually.

vega1984
12-29-2021 19:19, 07:19 PM
I got the psycology downthat I am sure of.

Trade like its not real cash. If you get rid of all your money....who provides a sh**, I just want to make the perfect decision, dicipline in your technique, analyze yourself, have a program. Always ask yourself why you are on this particular trade and if your position is warranted.

saangmaamgwz
12-29-2021 20:40, 08:40 PM
I used to read about other traders too.

All the people in this thread which have stated books are a waste of time seem to have been ignored.

Study the charts (it may take years), work out your egy, many useful threads in FF.

As soon as you learn to trust your egy fear and greed (plogical gremlins) will be eliminated.

Believe in your favourite method and learn to trade it, fibs, mas, ew, it doesn't really matter, if it works for you that's fine.

jppmokel73
12-29-2021 22:00, 10:00 PM
I'd like to read about other traders too.

Each of the people in this thread that have stated novels are a waste of time seem to have been ignored.

Examine the charts (it may take years), work out your egy, many useful threads here in FF.

As soon as you learn to trust your egy anxiety and greed (plogical gremlins) will be gone.

Believe on your favourite method and learn to exchange it, fibs, mas, ew, it does not really matter, whether it works for you that's fine.
Hey Jag1966

Everybody's a bit different, some are emotionally not that strong and they read materials on trading plogy.

What you said is essential but trading plogy should not be ignored

saangmaamgwz
12-29-2021 23:21, 11:21 PM
Hey Jag1966

Everyone's somewhat different, some are mentally not that strong and they read stuff on trading plogy.

What you mentioned is essential although trading plogy should not be dismissed Haha yes, point taken.

It's because I'm a plogical mess that I needed to work out a mechanical method to trade ;-)

Izll
12-30-2021 00:42, 12:42 AM
Great book! gt; Trading in the Zone ; Mark Douglas

olemmink
12-30-2021 02:03, 02:03 AM
I would suggest ^Trade With Passion and Purpose by Mark Whistler

solid read, but if you get to the point once you have the plogy side undercontrol and if markets
will give you challenging times I see a couple of chapters out of the book ^Market Wizard by Jack Schwager.

Stories from world's greatest gets you inspired and back on track.

Juangom
12-30-2021 03:23, 03:23 AM
Brett Steenbarger has written a few excellent books on trading psych....they can be found at Amazon.com. All traders would be well advised to read them. 1 for Steenbarger. My fav is The Daily Trading Coach. Liked One Great Trade from Mike Bellafiore.

clogsoul
12-30-2021 04:44, 04:44 AM
Well in my Thoughts the psych you need is a Joyful and optimistic Perspective on the future along with a strong belive in Your Self and sometimes your Imperceptible friened - so That I would recommend anything with CalvinHobbes,

Have a nice weekend

Cummo45
12-30-2021 06:05, 06:05 AM
Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad Poor Dad !!! I would say this is the best book I've ever had. Regrettably, I don't utilize this understanding in real life - don't understand how to get started. Everything is very very simple: don't spend more than you produce.

jaimepf
12-30-2021 07:26, 07:26 AM
Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad Poor Dad !!! I'd say this is the best book I have ever had. Unfortunately, I don't use this understanding in real life - don't understand how to start. Everything is really very easy: don't spend more than you make. That is no the only 1 book by Robert Kiyosaki I will suggest to read.

cummipk141
12-30-2021 08:46, 08:46 AM
Likely depends on what gaps in knowledge you are looking to fill, and your attitude towards trading.

Personally I actually did not like the books by Douglases and Elders. . Too much text on why everything is incorrect between the helpful stuff.

I have read two Brett Steenbarger's books, and think they're excellent (Improving Trader Performance as well as The Daily Trading Coach).

Another book identifiion recommended without hesitation is Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets by Murphy, quite simple read, edued me exactly what a fad was.

The only other source that I have found excellent is the'college' segment on http://www.babypips.com, covers one of everything, though its probably better if you have some experience. . The content is gold, but might be a bit too sparse if you are just starting out. Good for filling gaps after a few practice.

sancobll
12-30-2021 10:07, 10:07 AM
Hello everyone possibly this will help https://www.dukascopy.com/fxcomm/fx-article-contest/?Chances-Areaction=readid=1467

Azcamale
12-30-2021 11:28, 11:28 AM
Trading for a living,
by Alexander Elder