View Full Version : Problem With Backtesting

angmeacaslel21
06-20-2015 07:30, 07:30 AM
Hello all pro coders,

I wrote an ea to move away from spending hundreds of hours on the tracks. I'm performing some back testing but whenever I run a rear test I get the next error:
Warning: Can not execute new OP_SELL order for Symbol EURUSD. Maximum number of open positions attained.

Now the strange thing is that if I run it on demo/live account, it works fine and does what is meant for. So you may ask what is the issue? Well I would love to bring some more logic like a trade manager and few more items, and suppose I have to do the back testing to reach confidence to go live trading.

I've attached the code, thanks in advance for any help provided
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/attachments/15275576571161365451.mq4

angmeacaslel21
11-25-2021 11:41, 11:41 AM
Mark

thanks for your input, I am just trying to understand if the execution of another function would improve the tests done up to now.

cmislinafb
11-25-2021 13:02, 01:02 PM
Back testing is a great method of finding out just how a system may function. At precisely the exact same time I feel a lot of look into this too much as in the close of the day a back evaluation shows previous results and not future trading. I've known traders that will look at a rear evaluation before they look at the current 2 years of documented trading history that I do not agree with. Just my two cents.

cmislinafb
11-25-2021 14:23, 02:23 PM
Hi Fabio, I understand your very best choice would be to try to get in contact using a coder or a MT4/MT5 program developer. Some could be found on the mql5 community network however as I'm quite new to this site there may be some .