PDA

View Full Version : Can MT4 Brokers see your EA/Indi

mvmmvm
11-09-2010 16:58, 04:58 PM
Hi all

I wonder if anyone has looked into the possibility whether
it's technically feasible to get a mt4 broker to realize your ea or indior etc?

I am not talking of intent here - only the technical possibility if a broker actually wished to, could they view/ pull your indior/ ea code?

Can there be a standard setting on the MT4 server side which permits a broker to do this, or possibly a third party plug available to them?

The reason for my starting this thread would be I have read about as well as experienced instances where an EA/ Strategy works nicely originally returning consistent profit, then suddenly 1 day it starts to deteriorate.

Now, I love that this may just be a change in behavior to the traded currency pair, or there might be other reasonable explanations. But is it deliberate?

I have been told that the MT4 server side setting permit a broker to isolate and report accounts which are returning over a certain specified value of yield. Question is, how exactly can the brokers make use of this reporting feature?

There are larger repercussions possible, for example theft of intellectual property, targeting of profitable accounts by introducing mechanisms to specifically bog down profitable egies, etc.. Not saying that this happens, but it would be fine hear other peoples experiences in this regard, and possibly get opinions from techies whether anything may be possible technically, and in that case, what will the traders do to counter it.

Please post your ideas/ experiences.

Slephen13243546
12-11-2021 11:28, 11:28 AM
Metatrader has lots of places so far as I'm concerned. Even Cgris in Gotrader tells you restart and he's been advised to shutdown his server side to 'optimise' the system.
I have discovered similar, I restart at least once per day, clear historical charts daily as EA configurations are saved there too as you might have seen an EA order can be placed long after eliminating the actual EA.

There are definately some erroneous functions of MT4. Manipulated data and spreads alone can create falure of an EA.

I just noticed again this week in analyzing using precisely the same test dates and precisely the same fixed distribute on WTI show very different outcomes.

Having said the above we don't know the long run and what spreads and information are just about to come our way what worked yesterday doesn't always have a higher probability of working tomorrow or today.

I have also discovered you want a good system to effectively run a good EA. Your home PC is generally not around the pace and loaded with so much crap. A VPS isn't always gauranteed of being up to the task, you have to choose the hosts word.

I eventually have an EA that functions but I work always to have it work to its optimum.

Gmnm
12-11-2021 12:49, 12:49 PM
Hi msoood,

Permit Me to introduce myself, my name is Costas and I am an employee of a Controlled Forex Broker named Trading Degree of Financial Instruments Limited. I had been intrigued by your inquiries above and also have been exploring the issue with my colleagues concerning if it's feasible for a broker to view/pull its Client's indiors/EA codes.

Our judgment is it's not feasible for a Broker to view/pull its Client's indiors/EA codes. It's nonetheless possible in some scenarios for a broker to simply comprehend when a trader could be using an EA, largely in the following 2 scenarios:
The EA alters the TP/SL/amends limit orders, at a rate that would Seem to be inhumanely potential (i.e. within split seconds) The EA includes a consistent comment, usually left by its founder, Which Might indie to the broker that it is being abandoned by an EA -- e.g. a touch of the founder
I hope this has helped. Please let me know if there is anything more you Want to learn regarding this issue via this thread or email me with your question

Siloeches
12-11-2021 14:10, 02:10 PM
I have looked into this before and while I believe it is impossible, there are several things you can do in order to monitor this to see whether it happening:

1) make a huge EA (5 megabytes)
2) open task manager (cntrl - alt - delete) and watch system action
3) turn on MT4
4) see strange action?

Many EAs break down Due to curve matching. People make systems with a large amount of indiors and watch them fall apart.

Think out this - why would you trade with a broker or a commodity you're skeptical of? How do you expect to profitably trade when you're constantly worried about your provider's integrity? My solution for a new one. I have made a lot of EAs, but frankly was leaving MT4. I use Ninjatrader also it is rock-solid.

Best of luck!

oxnwlogayz
12-11-2021 15:31, 03:31 PM
A broker can tell if you are using an EA, but they can not steal the code because client side, not server side runs. They can in theory study the EA behavior and earn a egy against it but in reality that would be pointless since EAs fail when market circumstances favourable to the EA change.

When it comes to EAs, there is no conspiracy involved when they start to fail. EAs do fail by Themselves

mvmmvm
12-11-2021 16:51, 04:51 PM
Hey Cogs, Moody, Oakmonster - thx for your feedback. Good info -

I believe then we could put this one to bed (unless something else pops up) - that the only thing we must fear is ourselves and our EAs.

Happy trading.

BTW Cogs: Why is your EA a commercial one? I am game to try.

Gmnm
12-11-2021 18:12, 06:12 PM
Hey msood,

I agree with oakmonster:

it isn't possible for a Broker to view/pull its own Client#8217;s indiors/EA codes. It's nonetheless possible in some situations to get a broker to simply comprehend when a trader could be using an EA, largely from the following two situations:
The EA alters the TP/SL/amends limit orders, at a rate that could Seem to Be inhumanely possible (i.e. within split seconds) The EA has a constant comment, usually left by its own creator, which may signal to the broker which it is being left by an EA #8211; e.g. a signature of the creator
I hope this has helped

anpkniovf
12-11-2021 19:33, 07:33 PM
Hey Cogs, Moody, Oakmonster - thx for your feedback. Great info -

I believe then we could put this one to bed (unless something else pops up) - that the only thing we have to fear is ourselves and our EAs.

Happy trading.

BTW Cogs: is your EA a commercial one? I'm game to try something that works even though it needs some tweaking from time to time. I am a Network Engineer and I have worked with Software companies and QA departments. Brokers can view spitting image of what it is that you are currently using. You dont believe they script logs to ship when your order goes to their dealing desks. If you dont believe that they cant see what it is that you are running you are terribly mis-informed.

oxnwlogayz
12-11-2021 20:54, 08:54 PM
I am a Network Engineer and I've worked with Software Businesses and QA departments. Brokers can see spitting image of what it is that you are using. You dont think they script logs to ship when your order goes to their coping desks. You are if you dont think they cant see what it is that you are running then. Sure they can see you're running an EA, and sometimes, the name and version of this EA. The point was if they can steal the EA code or not though.

Momybymomy
12-11-2021 22:14, 10:14 PM
I highly doubt it, but it's impossible to know for sure without viewing the source code of the MT4 terminal.

mabys16
12-11-2021 23:35, 11:35 PM
I am a Network Engineer and I have worked with Software Businesses and QA departments. Brokers can see of what you are using spitting image. You dont think they script logs to ship if your order goes for their dealing desks. You are horribly mis-informed if you dont think that they see what you are currently running then. Would you mean MT4 customer running a picture streaming service?
Have you ever checked packet size sent by mt4 customer to broker's server?
If mt4 customer send chart's screenshot continuously, how much bandwidth would it take? Imagine if you've got 18 chart opened.

In http(s) protocol, there is no way for broker (server) to steal information on client's pc. The only data they recieved is that the information sent by mt4 (customer).

Btw, most of EA failed without broker's intervention. Heck, they even neglect on egy tester

laayaguslin
12-12-2021 00:56, 12:56 AM
I have wondered this myself. Two observations:

1) When I create a new EA (normally by performing a save as from an existing one and changing the buy/sell logic) I can not see this new file from Windows Explorer. The document is included in one of MetaTrader's files. Maybe they've got one large file with all your EAs and indiors.

Two) I feel the brokers can read their own platform files. Oh, we read the files to find out whether they are current. . .and we will notify you if you want an update. Meaning maybe they can read their own files. And your EAs are in their own filespace. . .not separate files.

I Truly wonder. . .when it comes to cash. . .things can get very funny.

Perhaps what to do would be have a empty EA file except an /include (or whatever the syntax is) to pull the code in from another document. I think this other file needs to be under their experts folder (or somewhere close to). . .but at least you can place the code there. If your EA a part of one. . .maybe they only see the include statement, but not another document that you place there yourself (not stored via MetaEditor. . .but saved from a Windows editor).

But I just don't anything for sure...

Alvamov73
12-12-2021 02:17, 02:17 AM
Could a broker figure on Indior settings and EA settings from journal? Does the broker have access to journal and its logs?

I visit the under entry in journal tab of Terminal.
2011.11.16 18:14:00 Custom indior Heiken_i_Smoothed_Alert_Bar1 EURUSD,M30: loaded successfully

Thanks

ebb95
12-12-2021 03:37, 03:37 AM
Everybody else is currently wasting time worrying about insignificant things. Stay focused on your trading and the most ones will improve.

Slephen13243546
12-12-2021 04:58, 04:58 AM
1 Attachment(s) nobody is wasting time on this particular topic, its a valid question and concerning topic.

The only way to comprehend that with confidence, with no ECNjesus or comparable, supplying facts from the host side capacities, is to suppose that they can see all.

I recall a while ago, on at least two different events, with two different brokers who used MT4, at which I contacted their support and explained about an issue I was having, so that they logged in as me out of their workplace to see how they could deal with the issue. Metatrader manager allows easy access to each clients details, but because very few traders are powerful most brokers would not disturb (chicken or the egg).

Now from my experience, even in the event that you alter your password, then it can still be recovered from their database, even if they desired to make the extra work. Now if you're highly profitable, 5 mins of staffs time to retrieve a password may be well worth the effort.

Some more evidence of host side settings and how they can track your preferences: 'LogAnalyser Settings plugin' to access and view individual traders configurations, also 'TopTraders Settings plugin' well that speaks for itself, either by Metaquotes.
https://www.nigeriaforextrading.com/trading-discussion/87-indiors.html

Memchila61
12-12-2021 06:19, 06:19 AM
hi. . This is an old thread but I would like to share my experience here nonetheless.

I conducted EA on two seperate brokers, with all the same equity and setting. It's a news established EA.

One broker actually MC'ed my account, opening a variety of positions at odd (none news related) hours within a day.

The other is still (as today) working well and at the money.

So to answer the query; can a broker determine exactly what EA ur running?

MY ANSWER and experience is. . YES!

Samaxxmnl
12-12-2021 07:40, 07:40 AM
Apart of EA... can broker view indiors (emas for instance), what kind and how you plot them on your screen?

Vickolas
12-12-2021 09:01, 09:01 AM
Have a friend who's one of MT COOK Australia's founding partners. . I asked him the Exact Same question is no possibility of doing this but there are additional features that shows easily if You're currently using an EA..Example Magic Numbers etc