Where there are more losses in my trading journal than wins, okay, so I'm at the beginner stage that is normal. As I've recognized egies that I'm linking with, I'm seeing advancements. I'm developing rules that appear to be raising my wins versus losses.

However, there are far more losses...

I'm at a point where daily I fear opening the charts. I find excuses to not: Hmmm... There are lots of news expected today... I'm not advanced enough to trade the news yet. Better sit out. Or Hmmmm... I had better study these patterns a little more, to get a better sense for the movements of this pair. Or I'm not done with the final version of my principles .

While these are valid reasons to pause with all the trading, there ALWAYS appear to be a reason! I need to just begin trading !!! But... I can't appear to shake this fear...

Can someone out there link to this? Please tell me that this is normal, particularly when you're a newbie? Whether there are successful traders reading this thread, did you go through this at the start also? Did it go away? How do you overcome these gun shy periods?

Since I'm sure someone will mention it, I have already read Trading in the Zone. In reality, I probably utilized reading this as an excuse to never trade at one stage...

I feel as that is one of those last milestones I need to pass before I could become successful. I have found some systems which have been demoned to work. I just have to get my tush open those charts and begin practicing. However, the charts won't open themselves!

Pep talk please!

It is true what they say: The strongest enemy is yourself.